Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cabrio - More boom without a sub?

Hey guys,
    I've recently acquired a 92 318ic here in frenchia land. I really don't want to run a sub in it or cut/weld anything at this point. What i am looking to do is get the same sound i would from a factory e46 (4x 6.5").. I currently have 2 pioneer 5 1/4 in the back and some pretty bling CV 5 1/4 in the front. I thought maybe i could mount some 6.5" in the rear of the door pannel (i think andy has this setup) this would put bass right by my body and keep somewhat of a factory look..

Open to ideas/etc
    Julien
    Build Threads:
    Pamela/Bella/Betty/325ix/5-Lug Seta/S60R/Miata ITB/Miata Turbo/Miata VVT/951/325xi-6

Ah so you want that extra thump for all that French rap you're gonna be listening to, eh!? :mrgreen:

Originally posted by whysimon
    WTF is hello Kitty (I'm 28 with no kids and I don't have cable)

Comment

www.edesignaudio.com Look at their 7kv2/eu700. It is a nice 6.5" midbass/subwoofer for its size.

Will
      RIP e30 (brilliantrot '91 325i) 11/17/06 Byebye: 8/21/07
      Welcome e30 (brilliantrot '90 325is) 12/23/06
      DaveCN = Old Man
      My signature picture was taken by ME! Not by anyone else!

Originally posted by george graves
      If people keep quoting me in their sig, I'm going to burn this motherfucker down.

Comment

I wouldn't waste your time with ED...

There are countless threads all over the web weighing the quality of ED as a company, and the opinion varys from forum to forum, but the forums that I trust the most (DIYMA, and carstereos.org) are not fans of ED.

If I were in your position, I'd look at the mPyre Audio's x65(www.mpyreaudio.com). Incredible little unit, lots of great reviews. Designed and produced by Adire audio, which is top notch.

The only problem I might see with this is your working area. You'd be better off if you cut just a little bit, and formed a fiberglass enclosure to fit the area. Most of the 6.5" subs suggest a sealed enclosure, in the .15cuft area. Its been a while since i've had the cabrio, so I dont quite remember what is back there.

Another option would be to just get some decent 5.25 woofers, sound deaden the shit out of the area beind them, effectively sealing it. and get some bass shakers to put under the seats. That way you'll still hear decent bass down to about 80hz (assuming you're using quality woofers), and the bass shakers will do well to take up some of the frequencies you're missing out on anyways, because the waves take too long to develop.

You could always just make a small box to fit under the convertible top box, housing 2 or 3 8's, or a couple of 10's would probably fit. I never found much use for that area of my trunk anway.

This is of course all IMHO.

Doing something M50 related? -> http://www.addissimo.com
        On Myspace? ->http://groups.myspace.com/r3vlimited
        BF2142 SN = BillyGoose

Comment

Originally posted by FredK View Post
          Ah so you want that extra thump for all that French rap you're gonna be listening to, eh!? :mrgreen:
          Belsunce Breakdown!!
          Build Threads:
          Pamela/Bella/Betty/325ix/5-Lug Seta/S60R/Miata ITB/Miata Turbo/Miata VVT/951/325xi-6

Comment

Working...
          X