check out this bmw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

check out this bmw

I've always been proud of being a Marine.
    I won't hesitate to defend the Corps
    "Supersquad"

‎"Prostitutes are a sub-category of Amusement Parks"-

Does any one know who's ride is this

"Supersquad"

Comment

Nice Setup!! I wonder what Luke has to say about the subs?

And what is lurking under the front Grills? They are bulging...
      sigpic
      WTB-Strut Bar

Comment

I hope they have some kind of air flow into the amps and things. Awesome looking setup though. I wonder how good it sounds.

Comment

I've been thinking about doing something like this with my amps- but I have been worried they might get a little hot being in the rear window like that.

I can see that sounding very good though, unless those subs do well with IB... which they probably don't.

Doing something M50 related? -> http://www.addissimo.com
          On Myspace? ->http://groups.myspace.com/r3vlimited
          BF2142 SN = BillyGoose

Comment

well the BMW is in CANADA

"Supersquad"

Comment

Interesting setup. I loved that radio till the little squares started to die on me.:( Very clean sound IMO.
              Hopefully my new Alpine will outlast that one.
              sigpic

Comment

Ummmmm....yeah.

MTX, especially circa 1997, do NOT want sealed box or Infinite baffle. The big trick on IB, or large sealed box (they react the same) is to find a woofer with a fairly high Fs and a VERY high Qts.

If those are the Thunder 5000 (that what they look like) they are an excellent woofer...but not in IB. Large ported boxes, about 2.7 cu.ft each, tuned at about 30Hz and they rip your head off. Likely about 94db/1W/1M, they don't need a bunch of power to get loud, but they handle a ton.

Let me explain it like this. That woofer would be louder (in the correct box) with 10 watts than it would in that setup with 1000 watts...and due to the very low Fs and very low Qts, they would flap and fart at anything over about 200 watts.

As far as the workmanship, it is decent for the era. That 7909 is still considered one of the best decks ever made. I have always liked that era of MTX amps (for the money, that is) and it looks like he powered the system pretty well. He should have taken more time to get the battery cabling straight, and I hope he didn't screw the fuseholder to the battery!

Luke

Closing SOON!
                "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Working...
                X