Installing a new Viper alarm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Installing a new Viper alarm

ok, so im sick of my messed up central locking system, its seriously screwy. im taking my car in to get a new Viper installed with a pager remote. i have been talking to the installer who is a friend of mine, and i have convinced him to run new wires from the Viper alarm to the stock lock actuators.This means to the driver/pass/gas tank/trunk. will this work ok? any forseeable problems? thanks!
    IG: @Baye30

FRONT VALENCE IS ZENDER!!! STOP FILLING MY PM BOX PPL!!!

Sure, that would work fine, but he could simply build a new relay for the lock instead, saving the hassle of pulling the whole car apart.

Luke

Closing SOON!
    "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Originally posted by StereoInstaller1 View Post
      Sure, that would work fine, but he could simply build a new relay for the lock instead, saving the hassle of pulling the whole car apart.

Luke
      well, i had an aftermarket door lock acuator hooked up to my drivers side door lock, which would activate the stock actuator and open all the doors. HOWEVER, there is a short in the wiring somewhere between my stock drivers side acuator, and my central locking system, so now when i hit my current keyless entry, ONLY my drivers side door unlocks (because there is an aftermarket popper). this is my dilema.

Comment

OK, so yank out the aftermarket actuator. Never needed that crap anyway.

Re-configure the two relays used for the actuator to make them put out ground, then pull the central locking mechanism out. (30 to ground, 87 to door locks, 85 from alarm, 86 +12V)

Find the two wires (yellow/blue & green/blue) that trigger the central door locking system, and connect those to the relays.

Done.

Assuming your central locks work properly otherwise, that is. (lock/unlock from trunk)

GL!
        Luke

Closing SOON!

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Comment

Originally posted by StereoInstaller1 View Post
          OK, so yank out the aftermarket actuator. Never needed that crap anyway.

Re-configure the two relays used for the actuator to make them put out ground, then pull the central locking mechanism out. (30 to ground, 87 to door locks, 85 from alarm, 86 +12V)

Find the two wires (yellow/blue & green/blue) that trigger the central door locking system, and connect those to the relays.

Done.

Assuming your central locks work properly otherwise, that is. (lock/unlock from trunk)

GL!
          Luke
          no worky from the trunk either. im pretty sure my central locking is FUBAR. but i do see what you mean, i could use the existing wires that come outa the central locking doodad and just extend them to the alarms brain, then just run new wires to the drivers side door, since that is the one that shorted out for sure.

Comment

Lemme see if I can find the drivers door actuator wire colors, or just pop that door panel off yourself and find the colors.

You can find the colors, I can help nail down a schematic to lock and unlock by bypassing the factory relay pack.

Should take about an hour.

Luke

Closing SOON!

Comment

Working...
            X