Alpine Faceplate Disassemble

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alpine Faceplate Disassemble

I'm trying to disassemble my faceplate and the only thing holding me back seems to be something behind the volume wheel. I've unclipped everything else but if I could safely get the volume knob off, I could have this apart.

Any tips from you electronic genius'?

Last edited by GaryE30; 06-14-2007, 07:46 PM.
    Estoril E36 M3/4/5 | Toledo E53 X5 3.0 | LeMans E90 335D M-Sport

My guess would be the volume wheel itself. Does it come off?

Comment

I've pulled on it, but I don't want to FORCE it out if there is a correct way.

Comment

AFAIK, Alpine knobs are just pressed on.

You gonna go orange?

Luke

Closing SOON!
        "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Originally posted by StereoInstaller1 View Post
          AFAIK, Alpine knobs are just pressed on.

You gonna go orange?

Luke
          I'm going to try. When you press a certain button, the 4 lights turn orange. Do you think I could swap the blue and orange light so that the orange is the primary?

EDIT: I got it opened and there is only a blue LED. I don't know how it turns orange whenever the specific button is pressed, but I may just try and find an orange LED to replace the blue for good!
          Last edited by GaryE30; 06-14-2007, 10:36 PM.

Comment

Buy a different unit so you can change it to whatever color you want :)

Will
            RIP e30 (brilliantrot '91 325i) 11/17/06 Byebye: 8/21/07
            Welcome e30 (brilliantrot '90 325is) 12/23/06
            DaveCN = Old Man
            My signature picture was taken by ME! Not by anyone else!

Originally posted by george graves
            If people keep quoting me in their sig, I'm going to burn this motherfucker down.

Comment

Originally posted by PeaveyBassist View Post
              Buy a different unit so you can change it to whatever color you want :)

Will
              Yeah my buddy had an Alpine that you could go through about 300 different colors. I'm just trying to use what I have instead of forking out some more money.

Comment

i kinda want to do this with my pioneer, most of the unit is taken up with a screen that i can make almost the exact colors as my obc, but there is still a blue ring around the knob, id be fine with just disabling that
                Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by TimKninja
                Im more afraid of this thread turning into one of those classic R3v moments, where Pizza gets delivered.

Comment

Excuse me? KNOB RING? Here, on the internet? Kidz might be looking!

Closing SOON!

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Comment

SOLUTION!!!!! I took the rubber covers off the lights (3 green, 1 blue) and underneath were clear bulbs (NOT LEDs). I used an orange sharpie on them and now they are the desired color. We'll see how this turns out when I install!

Comment

Try and find the little silicone covers. I had no sucess at all using magic marker...

Luke

Closing SOON!

Comment

Yeah this could just be a tease for me. I tested the light-output on a lamp w/ a clear bulb and orange sharpie and it gave me the result I was after. I just hope it works the same w/ this. If not, I guess I'll be buying new bulbs! :)

Comment

Working...
                        X