Speaker Recommendations Needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speaker Recommendations Needed

I am going to be installing a C43 Headunit, Diamond audio D5 300.4 Amp, and I think I'm getting an old 1 12" Rockford Fosgate Sub from a buddy.

I've already spent more money then I initially had wanted to and my car does not have premium sound so I've been thinking of just getting two sets of $40 Pioneer speakers from Walmart until I feel like spending more money. I have access to a set of 6.5 Boston Acoustics that are certainly better quality then the Pioneers but I don't know how I could get them to fit without using spacers and having them sit an inch off the rear deck.
    1991 318i (RIP) / 1996 Dakota / 2000 2.5RS

Dear God, no.

eBay has many cheap options. Think Alpine Type-S, Infinity Reference. Do not buy Pioneer crap with that otherwise decent setup.

Jay

Comment

Leave the stock stuff in the rear deck and spend all the cash on the front setup. Buy a set of tweeter sails and put some components up front.

Comment

I just bought a set of components for the front, I'd like to make the 6.5 BA's I have work for the rear, what is my best bet to make them fit?

Comment

put the components in the front. dont waste time in the rear. you have a great amp also.

Comment

s1am on e30tech suggested this:

I recommend installing a pair of subs in the rear deck. With a 1.5 inch spacer you should be able to fit a pair of 8 inch subs. Be sure to use subs set up for infinite baffle applications since the trunk is effectively an infinitely large box. Given the size of our cars, extra mid-high range sources inside the cabin are hard enough to time-align properly that you are better off putting just bass in the back. The only downside to this is that the sound in the back of the car is pretty low end biased. However, the sound in the front will be much more clear and discreet than all but the best setup systems with mid-highs coming from both the front and back.

Any thoughts?

Comment

not a fan of hacking up the car to fit extra speakers that are not stock sizing. the concept is good, especially if you get the bostons up front and utilize subs in the rear like that. but as i said, im just not a fan of hacking up the sheet metal to fit something like that (i dont believe in 6x9s either)

Comment

I don't believe in hacking up an e30 too. lol

Try the 5.25 Focal V2s.

Comment

I don't believe in hacking up an e30 too. lol

Try the 5.25 Focal V2s.

Comment

Working...
                  X