Panasonic HU with pic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Panasonic HU with pic

So last weekend, with my brother's help, I stripped my whole car... cause I just need to do everything the right way. Took out all the old wires for the amp and radio, and install 18 guage wire and install my panasonic HU 7413u. Finally have sound in my car. :)

The color match is alot better than the pictures does its justice.

the sound is pretty good with the onboard amp, but I can tell that if I have my top down and want to give it a little more umf I need to get a better amp and better speakers. It'll do for now, until the speakers blow.

Oh and I scored 2 free infinity reference crossover for free at best buy... the guy just gave it to me... He was like.. its just sitting around... you can have it. The passenger one was easy to mount just under the glove box, but I had to hide the driver side where my alarm system is underneath the covers.

btw

I got my stuff from
    audiovideo dimension. cost me 164.99 + shipping. 175 total. They are actually shipped from NY. Maybe they have different warehouses for the different coast, but ... I got it in two days.

Super fast shipping and I'm a total paranoid freak when it comes to online orders, so I called them like 5 times in the 48 hours, cause they didnt send me a confirmation.

Everytime I called someone either picked up right away or called me back within 20 sec. I dont know about the rest of you, but being able to talk to someone on the other end is priceless when it comes to online purchases.

I call onlinecarstereo and they keep hanging up on me, and then I email them and they didnt get back to me until 3 days later after I already recieved the unit from AD.

Comment

why didn't you put it in the drivers side kick panel? just unscrew the hood release lever and you're done. did you install it behind the knee bolsters?
      Originally posted by Hawt drift chick
      Yeah, i'm a good dude i swear, i just like to be balls to the wall.

Comment

Originally posted by JPL View Post
        why didn't you put it in the drivers side kick panel? just unscrew the hood release lever and you're done. did you install it behind the knee bolsters?
        There is not enough room in the kick panel to mount the crossover. They are about 2"X3"x4"...no way to put there.

Well, maybe above the speaker, but WTF, why bother?

Yun, glad to hear you are happy with my #1 recommendation for decks. Wait till you add a sub and use the high pass filters!

Luke

Closing SOON!
        "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

sub... high pass

yea, thanks for the push for that HU.

I saw that HU from BAV soundwerks first, but was real hesitant because of the setup.

About the sub... where can the sub go? I can only think of the trunk, if I dont want it to be sticking out. But with the cabrio reinforcement in there... its kind like suppressing my own sub. It wouldnt be very effective.

I see other's have suggested cutting a whole in the reinforcement... thats something I do not want to do.

Any suggestion on the Amp?

Comment

i mounted my infinity reference's in the kickpanels. i didn't have a problem. i am not quite sure what you mean though b/c i am a moron when it comes to everything speakers

Comment

cabrio

I think its on cabrios, cause the cabrio are super tight down there. Everything is crunched together, and the cabrio has the cover for the door sill thats alot larger than coupe or sedan.

Comment

oh ok i didn't notice you had a cab

Comment

Looks verrrry nice!

Comment

Working...
                  X