Audio "how to" videos..[Link]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Audio "how to" videos..[Link]

This should be helpful to someone starting out in car audio...

Originally posted by Matt-B
    hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

GAK! 3 screws to ground a ring terminal? FAK NO!

You would want to use a bolt and a nut and 2 washers to ground what looked like 0 gauge.

Cleaning is mighty important...as is shooting a squirt of spray paint over the cleaned area after grounding.

Closing SOON!
    "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Yea, I saw that - a bolt would be much better. Or finding a factory bolt - even better.

Since the amps are so close to the battery in e30's anyways - why not run a ground wire from the battery?

Oh - thir box carpting video is decent, so is they box building video - But I'm sure they did something Luke would laugh at!!! That's alright - we expect that from you!

Comment

Originally posted by StereoInstaller1 View Post
        GAK! 3 screws to ground a ring terminal? FAK NO!

You would want to use a bolt and a nut and 2 washers to ground what looked like 0 gauge.

Cleaning is mighty important...as is shooting a squirt of spray paint over the cleaned area after grounding.
        i was thinking the same when the guy started adding the 2nd screw. i just said WTF when he sdded the 3rd. :?

all videos are helpful though. thanks for the link

1991 330is

Comment

seriously if the box is built right and had mounting points if need be there should be no reason to have that secure of a grounding point... I know with my sub being able to slide around the ground can some times come unhooked but it's never from the ground on the car it's teh ground going into the amp it slides out when you take a left corner too fast

Comment

Originally posted by NomadE30 View Post
            seriously if the box is built right and had mounting points if need be there should be no reason to have that secure of a grounding point... I know with my sub being able to slide around the ground can some times come unhooked but it's never from the ground on the car it's teh ground going into the amp it slides out when you take a left corner too fast

No Really, "un-hooked"??? you hook your ground? Like a cowboy? A 16 gauage laso around the shock tower nut?
            Last edited by george graves; 07-13-2007, 02:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by NomadE30 View Post
              I am just hoping you are joking here man...this has to be one of the dumbest posts I have ever seen.

The ground wire is NOT a tether.

Closing SOON!
              "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Working...
              X