2ch sub amp reco

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2ch sub amp reco

looking for a good quality 2 channel sub amp 300-400 watt rms per channel. I'm powering two RF 10" 4 ohm DVC subs wired to 2ohms in a sealed box. My current RF amp "351s" puts out 175 per channel at 2ohms but isn't enough for my cabrio.

any advice would be great.

Cheers
    M

Is this one any good ? Profile AP2000????
    Last edited by Mike 91 318ic; 07-13-2007, 12:27 PM.

contact Luke and ask him about his Exile line. Great product and great guy to deal with. Hes on your side of the world as well!
    Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs!

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Exile 1200.1

Will make over 1200 watts RMS on a 1 ohm load

Retail is $700...looks and acts like an amp worthy of that money. These things rock in EVERY way.

I have one refurb in stock, and 2 "A" stock.

I also have Crossfire 1000Ds, 602a (2 channel, not the best choice for sub)

But, let me emphasize this...your issue is NOT your amp. Your issue is your box. You are never going to get loud in a cabby with a pair of 10's in a sealed box...but if you want an amp, I can sell you a world class piece for a tiny bit over my cost.

Luke

Closing SOON!
      "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

what do you suggest then? new box? ported I assume???
        Thanks very much
        M

Originally posted by StereoInstaller1 View Post
        Exile 1200.1

Will make over 1200 watts RMS on a 1 ohm load

Retail is $700...looks and acts like an amp worthy of that money. These things rock in EVERY way.

I have one refurb in stock, and 2 "A" stock.

I also have Crossfire 1000Ds, 602a (2 channel, not the best choice for sub)

But, let me emphasize this...your issue is NOT your amp. Your issue is your box. You are never going to get loud in a cabby with a pair of 10's in a sealed box...but if you want an amp, I can sell you a world class piece for a tiny bit over my cost.

Luke
        Last edited by Mike 91 318ic; 07-18-2007, 09:55 AM.

Comment

Is that box the right size? looks a little on the big side... Also i would try to turn that box so it fires towards the front of the car(i would say the other way but it's a cabi, so i figure it won't help to face the the rear end)

Comment

Originally posted by StereoInstaller1 View Post

Luke
            LOL you would absolutely laugh at my box, its a tiny little qlogic thing that i got for my alpine E back before it blew. but i will say that it is decently loud, well with the right music its loud enough. but i need a better amp on it... oh and a new box, i plan on building a ported unit, ill see if i can somehow get the ports into the cabin somehow.
            Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by TimKninja
            Im more afraid of this thread turning into one of those classic R3v moments, where Pizza gets delivered.

Comment

If you are gonna go ported (which is MUCH louder per watt) you should go about 3 cubic feet total.

Your subs would sound great in that. If you build it, I will help with the math.

I would fire upwards in a 'vert.

Luke

Closing SOON!
              "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

I'm interested in exactly the same project: 2x10", ported box. The box MUST fit in the area of the trunk under the convertible top storage area, which will allow for some usable trunk space.

Perhaps we can collaborate somehow? Luke with box design and equipment recommendations (to match box & subs), others with construction, fit, and finish?
                sigpic
                Winner - Best Engine, Bimmercruise 2010
                Runner Up - e30 Wild Category, Bimmercruise 2010
                Winner - Best Cabrio, Trillium @ Tedfest 2011
                Winner - e30 Wild Category, Bimmercruise 2011
                www.vertnation.com
                My car in Berlin Klassic promo video

Comment

Working...
                X