I MUST rewire?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I MUST rewire?

At the moment my car is stereoless, even though ive tried a few times to put a cd player in.

Just a few minor problems; when i turn headlights on, the cdplayer turns off, the headlights dont work, only the highbeams; and when a cdplayer is installed, it turns on and off rapidly whenever i put a cd in, or tune to a station.

Sure the cd player was a little old, but I didnt care. I knew it worked.. and since I didnt know anything about stereos, I just tried to line up the right wires.

SO anyways, do I rewire? Is this hard, and if it is, how much would it cost for the car to get rewired? Because I NEED music.

TIA

In your situation I would say yes.

Sold it.

Comment

Originally posted by BMW BMXER
      In your situation I would say yes.
      That, my friend, is an understatement!!!!

Comment

Re: I MUST rewire?

Originally posted by LoVaT
        Just a few minor problems; when i turn headlights on, the cdplayer turns off, the headlights dont work, only the highbeams; and when a cdplayer is installed, it turns on and off rapidly whenever i put a cd in, or tune to a station.
        no offense, but thats plain funny....
        BEERTECH

Comment

Lol... yea it is funny, and annoying.

Maybe you guys can explain how invloved this process is? I'm not asking for a step-by-step, but rather an outline.

If not, perhaps someone knows how much this would cost to take in..

HuK~~TIA

Comment

Okay, number one, what all have you done to the car? Just the stereo?

If so, sounds like you didn't tap into the right wires.

Visit my site under the tech section for radio wire color codes, and se if you tapped the right wires.

First step is to remove the radio, and see if your headlights and stuff still act up.

Try that and tell me what hapens
            Nick

87 325 5MT
            02 IS300 5MT

Comment

Working...
            X