No announcement yet.

Difference in ohms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah.. someone wired the new HU up with the factory common ground. The amp is clipping because it wants to blow its brains out.

The factory premium sound 5.25in speakers have crossovers built into them, just jump the tweeters off of the secondary posts... and run new wire to all the speakers if you like your HU.

E30 ABS Pump Refurbishment Service
    https://mtechniqueauto.com/

Comment

anyone with a response to my last quick question.

Comment

Good read on 8ohm drivers

Comment

Oni, did you get your stuff working right? Did you get your crossovers figured out? Hopefully you followed my advice (posted in other threads) and went and got a pair of aftermarket crossovers from some old-school installer somewhere. The stock drivers really do sound great when coupled with any decent crossover.

As far as the whole "8 ohm VS. 4 ohm" thing, basically, it goes like this: an 8 ohm speaker gives you half the power from your amp that a 4 ohm speaker does. You are far more likely to distort that amp due to actually using the damn thing to listen to music, thus, if you never ever use all of the volume your system is capable of, 8 ohm is fine...otherwise, go 4 ohm.

Remember this phrase: " Loud, Clear, Cheap: Pick any 2".

Oh yeah, BTW, that is why my shop is called Loud & Clear.

Luke

Closing SOON!
          "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

i guess i failed to clarify.

I HAD
            non-premium stereo, fader in fash
            aftermarket deck (wired wrong into stock wiring)

NOW HAVE
            all premium speakers (rear and front)
            new(er) deck
            re-run speaker wires to the rear.

im trying to figure out if it's recomended to use the ground, constant, and switched power from the stock wires. Then what's recomended for wiring the front premium speakers into a car that never had those speakers originally.

Comment

Working...
            X