Pioneer AVIC-N2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pioneer AVIC-N2

I just bought a avic and i love it. I did alot of research before i bought it from a friend(used)
    However its got more options than ive ever seen on a DVD/Navigation system and it has come the time to hook up the vehicle speed wire. Does anyone know where i would hook that up too. I was thinking it would have to be a wire out of the ECU harness but i figured id ask here first. The parking brake safety has been hooked up and all that jazz.
    Im sure theres always the possibility i CANT hook up the Nav to this age car but id love to be able to.

Paging luke*

TIA guys
    sigpic

To help save some time: https://www.pioneerelectronics.com/p...tionManual.pdf

Ive looked in there but it doesnt give any instruction on hooking it up to a E30 obviously
    sigpic

Comment

damn, well i guess i tried. Where should i look for wiring diagrams for the ECU
      sigpic

Comment

could someone confirm that it is BU/YL wire coming from the speedometer speed output into the cruise unit?

Or should i tap into BR/RD going into the back of the OBC?.......

I should prob STFU and just go try it.
        sigpic

Comment

You mean something like this? I did not hook mine up, like you said there are things that you will never use. The GPS part of your car will give you perfect reading so I never bothered. Nice unit but I liked the Avic N1 better. Did you get the NavDiscs with the unit?

Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs!

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Originally posted by Vedubin01 View Post
            You mean something like this? I did not hook mine up, like you said there are things that you will never use. The GPS part of your car will give you perfect reading so I never bothered. Nice unit but I liked the Avic N1 better. Did you get the NavDiscs with the unit?

Actually i got all of the parts, Even the box..... But no nav discs. He rolled his new frontier he had it in and needed the cash.
            Any way i can download and burn the maps onto DVD/CD?
            sigpic

Comment

I was going to say that I would try tapping into the one from the back of the speedo where the cruise hooks up, but I have no experience.

Comment

Originally posted by netcsk View Post
                I was going to say that I would try tapping into the one from the back of the speedo where the cruise hooks up, but I have no experience.
                true, the manual never really gave me any info on whether or not that speed wire will affect the NAV. Because it has a completely seperate hideaway nav box with antenna.
                sigpic

Comment

Nice score. I have the N2 in my Astro, but I am pissed off that it does not play .WMA, so I am likely to sell it. Also has poor iPod integration, and the Bluetooth adapter will not show full info for phone calls, so I really don't like it. Plus, my CD changer does not support CD Text, so no labeling unless I feel like manually entering it.

It is a shame you don't have the software. It does even more if you have it.

I do not have the correct disks..I have N1 software. I tried to "unflash" it, then reflashed with N1 software...no go.

I also have a broken N1 screen, so I am gonna try and get it repaired, then dump the N2 altogether.

www.the12volt.com shows a brown/red at the rear axle for VSS. I bet you could get it off the cruise module, but I dunno. Check the diagrams at www.wedophones.com to see if you can find it. I did not hook it up on mine, but that is basically because I don't care.

Glad you like it!
                  Luke

Closing SOON!
                  "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Working...
                  X