Tell me which speakers to get!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tell me which speakers to get!!

Hey guys, I have a 91 325ix coupe and I am looking to do an audio upgrade. I currently have the following parts:
    Xtant 4 channel amp 50watts X 4 RMS
    MTX 421d monoblock sub amp
    2 X Polk Momo 10in Subs in a box
    1 Frad Cap
    Alpine indash CD player with iPod Control

I have 61/2 in speakers but those will not work on the new car. Please tell me what speakers I should get to go with this setup. My budget is $300.

Thanks a lot!

for your 325ix? does it have premium sound already? whats the condition of what speakers are in it now?

im gonna assume you have premium sound in the car already, and im going to assume the rear speakers are in good shape. i say run deck power to the rear speakers. run the xtant bridged (2channel) and use all the money to get the best component set (51/4s) in the front. i recommend Diamond Audio, you can almost get a set of their HEX series speakers. then again it all depends on what you listen to. if you like harsh/bright sound look at mb quart, focal. more of a bassy type go alpine, or the polks. i like mine to cover the whole range so i rock those diamonds i listed above. a decent shop should be able to cut out the 5 1/4s to a 6 1/2 opening. which is what i have/had.

im sure stereoinstaller will be here any minute to give his .02.

Comment

As far as the current setup goes, I do not think I have premium sound. And at least one of the front speakers is not currently working.

On another note, you are saying to use the xtant on only the front speakers in a component setup. Which would you recommend. And where should I mount the tweeters? I would like the car to appear stock for security reasons. Thanks

Comment

One of our members (Intense, IIRC) has one of my personal favorite setups for sale. Memphis MSync for the front, co-ax 2 ways for the rear. Memphis sound great, and they do fit. You might want to pick up a set of set of tweeter mounts for the sails. Your Xtant (fucking schweet amps, BTW) 4 channel could be configured in one of 3 ways:

1. Normal 4 channel application: Front and rear.
        2. 2 channel high power: Bridge to 2 channels to try and get louder
        3. "Tri-Amped" in where you separate the power to the midrange and tweeters, best SQ but least output, and generally requires a separate crossover too.

All in all, E30s are a bitch to get decent sound in no matter what you do.

Luke

Closing SOON!
        "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Do you have the link to the ad posting? That sounds interesting and I would love to save some money. I have actually never heard of that speaker company are they new?

Comment

Also where would I get a set of tweeter mounts for the new tweeters?

Comment

Originally posted by mbbollman View Post
              Do you have the link to the ad posting? That sounds interesting and I would love to save some money. I have actually never heard of that speaker company are they new?
              Here is the link:http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...hlight=memphis

Memphis is actually one of the oldest companies still in car audio. It used to be called Fulmer Audio...since about 1965 or so.

These are really good shit. The MSyncs sound just amazing. The PRs are great too, but nothing like the MSyncs.

Luke

Closing SOON!
              "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Working...
              X