E30 cabrio ICE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E30 cabrio ICE

looks pretty nice.... im assuming the amp and cao are where the spare should be located....

but then, what if you get a flat tire?

http://www.westwerksauto.com

Comment

yeah I tossed the spare which saves some weight, I'm also going to remove the 50lb lead weight so it should be very close to original spec. As for getting a flat I carry a small compressor and a tire repair kit (those long sticky plugs) If I can't fix it I'll have it towed. Knock on wood I've never had a flat I couldn't fix on the side of the road. The trunk in the cabrio is pretty small, and since the sub box completely filled the area under the soft top storage comparment I had no other choice but to put the amps etc in the spare tire area. It sounds amazing, I'm very please with the results.

ttyl
      M

Comment

That is a pretty big box.

Here is mine (old pic).

Aaron
        2008 Audi S4 Avant

Comment

Yup but that's the minimum size for two 10" DVC subs... I still have quite a bit of space left, and the box doesn't go past the storage compartment. Like I said it sounds amazing! I didn't have to cut anything either, I just blast it through :P I was surprised that it doesn't rattle like a mofo it's actually very clear. I'm running 5.25 Infinity kappa components up front, they're very good speakers for the money. I moved the old stock front speakers to the rear and they sound ok, the gain on the 4 channel amp is turned down for those so they don't blow. They're just there for fill anyway. The stiffening cap works great too, it's a must have expecially with two amps... Of course I used the best wiring too so there's no alternator wine, just very clear/clean sound...

M

Comment

can i please have you stearing wheel?

Comment

I had to sell one of my kids to get that ;)

M

Comment

man, that thing has got to be *gasp* E36 weight! :P
                BEERTECH

Comment

What subs are you running? Looks like a decent setup except I hate the headunit, Sony is the devil. :evil:

Comment

As you can see I tossed the spare tire so that makes up for the added weight for the amps, and I removed the 50lb lead weight which makes up for the extra weight of the sub box. Also the weight is now moved closer to the middle of the car where it's better balanced. All in all there isn't alot of extra weight, maybe a 5-10 lbs max.

Originally posted by Rob
                    man, that thing has got to be *gasp* E36 weight! :P

Comment

The two subs are 10" dual voice coil Rockford Fosgate sorry I can't remember the model number. As for the Sony head unit, I guess it's a matter of taste because I like the look. I like the red illumination which matches the illuminated shift knob, and the silver trim accents the pedal kit and tweeters. I also like how the sony deck mounts fairly flush to the dash and doesn't stick out as far as most decks do... I realize there are better decks out there, but it does what I want it to perfectly. Why waste the money replacing a perfectly good deck when I can spend it on other mods...

M

Originally posted by Mystikal
                      What subs are you running? Looks like a decent setup except I hate the headunit, Sony is the devil. :evil:

Comment

Originally posted by Mike 91 318ic
                        Why waste the money replacing a perfectly good deck when I can spend it on other mods... ]
                        Because it's very likely bottlecapping your entire system, which would make no sense to me. It's like the M3 drivers who mount cheap Kumho or Sumitomo rubber, what a waste of good parts.

If it sounds good to you that's all that matters, but if you had a better deck the entire setup would come alive. ;)

Comment

how do you figure there's a bottle neck? It's just a preamp... the power comes from the amps. It's alive enough for me, it goes much louder than I need it too, it's total over kill, but it comes in handy on the hwy with the top down. Yes I'm very happy with it, if I wasn't then that's another story.

ttyl
                          M

Comment

Originally posted by Mike 91 318ic
                            I'm also going to remove the 50lb lead weight
                            huh? where is this?

07 335xi Sport
                            00 S2k
                            01 A4 1.8t-Sold
                            88 M3-Sold
                            91 325iC-Totaled
                            89 325iS - Sold
                            87 325-Totaled

Comment

Stuck to the trunk floor. The tar shit?

"See, we're adding a little something to this month's sales contest. As you all know, first prize is a Cadillac Eldorado. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired."

Comment

Working...
                              X