Car Sub For Computer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car Sub For Computer

What would I ned to make this happen? I have a 12" sub that I want to hook up to my computer. What would I need to run it? I asume just an amp and a 110v to 12v converter. Then I could just hook the sub output off my sound card into the amp an I should be good to go, right?

My next question is if this is the case, then what is the cheapest amp I can get away with? I don;t want to spend a lot and quality isn't really an issue.

Andrew

It sounds like it would work. You'd need a switch to power the amp on and off.

I'd look for the cheapest amp you can find on eBay, maybe a Pyramid or Profile or something like that.
    Originally posted by Gruelius
    and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

Comment

Ok, sounds good then. What prices am I looking at for a sub? And what exactly do I need? I am a noob when it comes to upper-end car audio. Thanks.

Andrew

Comment

Ok, so I found this:

Think it would work alright? It is definatley in my price range. (which is vertually nothing lol) Would it be powerful enough? I don't need it to blow out windows, but I do need it to atleast power it well.

Andrew

Comment

25x2? what car sub do you plan on running? A 4 inch?

Sold it.

Comment

K, that is what I figured. LOL

But what will I need to hook this up? Basically just wire, right?

Andrew

Comment

ya.

Sold it.

Comment

if its for your PC, why not just buy a PC surround sound system or woofer.
                FOKAI DA'MA'SHI'I ENSANE GRAPPING INT.

Comment

You know you can just buy a home audio amplifier and you wouldn't have to buy a converter.

Shop by department, purchase cars, fashion apparel, collectibles, sporting goods, cameras, baby items, and everything else on eBay, the world's online marketplace
                  sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X