Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

anyone have experience with CD43/C43 and DICE iPod kit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

anyone have experience with CD43/C43 and DICE iPod kit?

I'm looking into getting a C43 or CD43 and the DICE iPod hookup kit and was wondering if anyone has any experience with doing this. Is there room behind the HU to put the DICE unit? Where did you run the cables?

BUMP

I'm looking into the same set-up and would also like to know. CD43 with Ipod or AUX input would be sweet.

Chris
    [CENTER] 1990 325i - Delphin Grey on Natur/Pearl Beige Houndstooth

Comment

I have a DICE kit in my E39. I'm not sure which head unit is stock, but it's a cassette, not a CD player.

The DICE unit plugs in through the CD changer input and allows you to use the iPod just like you normally would to select songs and whatnot. That's my favorite part, especially after using the Alpine I have where you have to break your music into playlists.

1987 E30 cabrio | Bumper swap | H&R Sport | Koni Yellow | Eibach Sways | BavAuto strut bar | Cardinal seats
      MTech2 wheel | Husco Armrest | Smoked Hella Smileys | 5k HID | Stromung | RS003
      | Shadowline | Amber Fogs | Too much else to list

Comment

I'd like to bump this...

Do we know if this works? Can someone buy a CD43 for a E30, then add the Icelink for iPod use? Anyone have a write up on this, because I'm stupid when it comes to audio stuff!

Thanks in advance!!
        alexw
        (2) E30 tourings - sold, E30 M3 - sold, 89 325ix sedan, 91 318is slicktop
        Wisconsin Members!- Join WiBimmers.com, Wisconsin's BMW community.

Comment

Does the DICE unit offer any text support, ie; IE3 tags?

Closing SOON!
          "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

I have a cd43 and HD DICE in my e30. If Icelink is installed similar to mine then you need to replicate the cd43 cd changer connectors. It is a 3 and 6 pin connector. You can get a short cd changer cable if you wanted to keep it in the glovebox but you will still need to make something for the 3 pin connector.

Comment

Originally posted by StereoInstaller1 View Post
              Does the DICE unit offer any text support, ie; IE3 tags?
              From what I read, Icelink does support the tags, but the CD43 only supports artists/titles from radio stations. I could be wrong.
              alexw

Comment

That is what I understood too: that only RF modulation using RDS will display info.

Why the hell can't I buy a USB device with some kind of display on a controller, like for an AUX input?

Closing SOON!

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Comment

Sorry Luke - what are you wanting?
                  Originally posted by Matt-B
                  hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

I want a USB input on a video screen, with full ID3 text.

Audio out should be fixed voltage RCAs.

Screen should be big enough to use, like 5 lines.

Nevermind, I am gonna dump my Sony and buy a Blaupunkt.

Closing SOON!

Comment

I've got a C43 that I'm going to be installing probably over the summer. Through my research the cheapest route to go with an iPod seems to be this. Coupled with this to make it charge. I don't see why this wouldn't work as long as I get the cable that runs from the trunk for the E36 CD changer.

'91 318is - OBD-II S52 swapped - E30 M3 5-lug - 5x120 BBS RC090 (E39 Style 5) - TCK D/A coilovers 550/700 [SOLD]
                      '87 535i - Vacuum brake conversion [SOLD]
                      '93 525iT - 5-speed swap - 320k and counting
                      '09 328xi - 6-speed

Comment

Originally posted by Gooch View Post
                        I've got a C43 that I'm going to be installing probably over the summer. Through my research the cheapest route to go with an iPod seems to be this. Coupled with this to make it charge. I don't see why this wouldn't work as long as I get the cable that runs from the trunk for the E36 CD changer.
                        Please keep us updated. I want to do this install but would like to see some pictures and a clear idea of what I need to do before I go breaking crap.
                        alexw

Comment

I'm going to be documenting everything, once I sell my GN things will start rolling.

'91 318is - OBD-II S52 swapped - E30 M3 5-lug - 5x120 BBS RC090 (E39 Style 5) - TCK D/A coilovers 550/700 [SOLD]
                          '09 328xi - 6-speed

Comment

Originally posted by Gooch View Post
                            I'm going to be documenting everything, once I sell my GN things will start rolling.
                            Awesome, also would the process be the same with the M3? Or is that a different harness?

Maybe that should be covered somewhere else, not trying to hijack!
                            alexw

Comment

As far as I know it should be the same.

'09 328xi - 6-speed

Comment

Working...
                              X