Recommendations for a 5.25" front speaker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recommendations for a 5.25" front speaker

Looked at the Kenwoods, Eclipses, and Kenwood Excelons (which apparently aren't going to fit...according to Rob in another thread in here). What do you guys think?

Rob if you read this...were those the KFC-X138 speakers?

How good of quality? Coaxial or component? Price?
    My mountains are better than yours.

Comment

Why don't you get 6 1/2 speakers instead of 5.25?

I would look for CDT, Phoenix Gold, Diamond Audio, Polk, Boston acoustics, Infinity
      sigpic

Comment

I'm running MA Audio components up front and MA Audio's in the back and they sound damn good. I bought the MA Audio Components from http://ubid.com. I paid like $50w/ shipping. Not bad for a pair of speakers that retail at $250.

I also bought a set of these, http://www.ubid.com/actn/opn/getpage...tionId=9643487. Paid $26 + $16 shipping. They should be comming soon. Crossfire makes some good stuff.

Can't beat a damn good set of component speakers for $42.

Ubid is a great place to shop. The deals would be much better if their shipping wasn't so high, but if you figure in the speakers actually weighed 10 lbs, its worth it.

Eitherway, let us know what you decide and if you have any other questions.

Components would be ideal up front.

Here are the auctions I won for car stereo equipment:

Crossfire CFS130.2 5.25" 2-Way Component Spkr Set winning bid, $28. ($44.91 shipped).

MA Audio M489i 800 Watt 4-Channel Amplifier winning bid, $71 ($87.89 shipped).

MA Audio Y3K5C 5.25in 250w Component System With winning bid, $33 ($50.89 shipped).
        Current BMW's:
        2004 330Ci
        1986 European 325i cabrio
        1986 735i

Previous BMW's:
        1989 325is RIP
        1989 325iX RIP
        2001 740iL RIP

Comment

I would be looking for component personally...but a friend of mine is looking for coaxial..so recomendations for both are appreciated.

I have previously been a MB Quart guy. When the bose system in my last car (Acura Legend) bit it, I replaced it all with MB Quart speakers. Never bought anything else. I am familiar with which brands are crap and which are good, but have never actually run anything other than MB Quarts in my car. So any input is appreciated.

edit: I'm running Infintiy Subs right now actually, so I have used Infinity products...like them a lot.

Comment

How much are you looking to spend? Do you have an external amplifier for them? Or will you be running them off of the deck?
            Originally posted by Gruelius
            and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

Comment

Originally posted by kencopperwheat
              How much are you looking to spend? Do you have an external amplifier for them? Or will you be running them off of the deck?
              No external amp (other than the RF amp powering my 2 10" Infinity subs). I'm not sure what I'm going to spend because this is just one of many things I plan on getting taken care of this summer. So all suggestions are welcome in any price range. I may look into an amp for the speakers...though I am somewhat hesitange to have too much more power running from another external amp (already got about 350w to each sub now)...

Comment

Most amps have a low nominal current draw so I wouldn't worry about running another one.
                I'd look into getting some Crystal MobileSound components. They're cheap and they pretty good. www.audionmore.com has them.
                Originally posted by Gruelius
                and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

Comment

You will like having an amp for your components. Here is my suggestion. A Blaupunkt PA2150.
                  It is super efficient class T. It is really small. It pushes out 150 watts rms to each channel which is very loud. It is also stable at 2 Ohms so you could put two speakers to each channel. And it is cheap.

There are some others on ebay that might be cheaper.
                  sigpic

Comment

focal polyglass. I just redit my car with a set of 5 1/4 and tweeters and they sound better than the A/D/S I had in there before, Also I got the Focal sub and it is mint, tight as can be and hits when it should.

Comment

Working...
                    X