Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

did the led 13 button obc! but getting a weird code?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

did the led 13 button obc! but getting a weird code?

so I have 2 13 button obcs that both needed new light bars. I just soldered up some led's for both of them. I did red and yellow.

this is my first E30 that I wired up a working obc but i'm getting a weird code? I haven't started the car yet since its being built still

so what does this mean? is there an owners guild to using the obc?

also need a coding plug for a 325i if anyone has one....posted a wtb nobody seems to have it

Dug up some info for you.

http://www.arghon.com/

Comment

Not sure if there is an owners guide but I believe there is a thread on here that has OBC tricks and button codes, basically tell you stuff you would not normally know

Comment

Your obc is still in European sopecufications. There's a little pinpoint button on the bottom right hand corner of it, while pushing this in with a pen or something, push the average mpg button. This should concert you to U.S. information.

Hope that helps and btw, those turned out great. I'd love to do this to mine in red. I just can't stand that its so hard to read when my lights are on.

Anyway I hope that helps.

E30Fiend
        Need a performance chip for you BMW? Shoot me a PM and I'll get you taken care of!!
        Taylor- Follow me on Instagram @e30_fiend

Comment

UHR = "clock" auf Deutsch (IIRC).

$20 to whoever manages to retrofit an OBC IV (like the ones in most E34's) into an E30.

For reference:
          - Trey

E90 325i/6 (ZSP, ZPP, ZCW)
          E36 325i sedan
          E30 325i sedan
          Volvo 945T

Comment

looks like part of the screen is pealing. I bet if u found the wire harness for that obc, a place to put that obc, and a wiring diagram for that obc u can retrofit it. does it take a coding plug in the back? my concern is if it needs a coding plug for the motor your running.

I found this thread

Comment

Coding plug? I do not know. I know that in certain E34's, there is a coding plug behind the instrument cluster. Not sure if one is located behind the OBC IV though. It's just a thought I've had for a while, I thought it might look sort of neat in an E30.
              - Trey

E36 325i sedan
              E30 325i sedan
              Volvo 945T

Comment

its very doable with the right information.

Comment

Originally posted by TDE30 View Post
                  UHR = "clock" auf Deutsch (IIRC).

$20 to whoever manages to retrofit an OBC IV (like the ones in most E34's) into an E30.

For reference:

As long as you have the harness. It is very easy to do. Think of it as building a standalone harness. Make it turn on with a battery first. Then go over the harness with the ETM and label all the necessary inputs, cut out what isn't necessary, and voila. There ya go.
                  My 2.9L Build!

Originally posted by Ernest Hemingway
                  There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.

Comment

Originally posted by PiercedE30 View Post
                    As long as you have the harness. It is very easy to do. Think of it as building a standalone harness. Make it turn on with a battery first. Then go over the harness with the ETM and label all the necessary inputs, cut out what isn't necessary, and voila. There ya go.
                    I agree with him. find what wire takes a speed signal splice that in to the cluster harness that the obc uses. temp sensor is a separate sensor.

if your THAT serious about it I'm sure we can help you or even I can help u with whatever information I could provide lol.

Comment

Hmm, neat. Yeah, it's not anything vital nor am I completely bent on doing it. It's just sort of something I wouldn't mind seeing someone to with their E30. Thanks for the tips, I'll have to look into it after I address more important issues with my car.
                      - Trey

E36 325i sedan
                      E30 325i sedan
                      Volvo 945T

Comment

Working...
                      X