Heated rear seats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heated rear seats

I recently retrofitted my iX with heated seats. This summer I will be getting the rear seats recoverd to match the front ones. Since I will have everything taken apart, I was wondering if anyone has ever heated the rear seats. I'm sure heating elements would install, and I could run the wire, but my question is ther power source. I cant remember when I plugged the fronts in under the dash if there were extra plug ins. How else could I power the rear seats? Any ideas? Thanks.
    sigpic

Would it really be practical?

Comment

sure it would, especially when I move back to CO.
      sigpic

Comment

Mm, Well I can't help you.

But I'm interested to see where it leads :)

Free bump.

Comment

You might consider getting aftermarket heaters. You can find them on eBay for $100 or so and come with power unit and switches and stuff. You could use stock switches if you wanted to.

Comment

seat heaters

It's only practical if you have chauffer...

This is where I got mine from... Very nice. Put them in front Recaros in my iX and one in my 318is. No problems over4 years in the iX.

DLM

They even make hot bags for PIZZA....

Comment

well keep us updated. Heating the rear seats would make it more inconvienent to take them out since the top/bottom are now attached?
              Renting my rear wheel bearing tool kit. SIR
              http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c5...ps6debf0b0.jpg

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

here's where oem is at, empty upper slot.
                I only retrofited front ones so far ... http://www.bimmerwerkz.com/forum/3-s...ats-52753.html

Comment

I retrofitted heated seats too - often wondered about the backs. The OEM heating pads look like they would fit the rear seats with no issue - I was worried about the extra current draw being an issue.
                  Aaron

Comment

I want to see where this goes, subscribed!

Comment

Originally posted by fporro View Post
                      here's where oem is at, empty upper slot.
                      I only retrofited front ones so far ... http://www.bimmerwerkz.com/forum/3-s...ats-52753.html

OK that is what I was wondering about. I havent looked in there since i retrofitted my fronts. It looks like there arent extra plugins for extra heaters. How else could I tap into the power?
                      sigpic

Comment

Do you know how to splice wires? That's all you need to do.

Or you can take the plug out and apart and crimp another set of wires in the same plug.

Comment

what ever happened with this?
                          1991 325iC - Mauritsblau sumthin metallic blue. DEAD
                          1992 525i - Silber sumthin sumthin metallic- Rolling again, needs suspension/wheels/brakes/paint.... Fuck you A4S310R; BEAT YOU.
                          1989 325i - Cirrusblau Metallic sumthin sumthin-project - trying to clean up the interior(done), then the body, then a 5spd, then suspension, then..... - [Stolen :| ]
                          1991 325iC - Calypsorot Metallic
                          1994 540i - Granitsilber

Originally posted by scabzzzz
                          I've had blunts cock in my mouth, but I'm not gay.

Comment

ill bet the car burnt down and he hid his shame by moving to africa

Comment

You can obviously see from his avatar he tried to burn his car, but probably failed at that too... I kidd ;)
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X