I need tweeter pods, right?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I need tweeter pods, right?

My car has the normal panels next to the rear view mirrors, i just bought these http://www.ubid.com/Actn/Opn/getpage...tionId=9643496 for a cheap fix (since my car has no speakers in it at all right now) .. i'm gonna have to buy some tweeter pods to now won't i..
    Who doesn't love a little BBQ?
    Griot's Garage at a Deep Discount

Not necessarlily. You can just surface mount the tweeters to the panels.
    Originally posted by Gruelius
    and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

Comment

Originally posted by kencopperwheat
      Not necessarlily. You can just surface mount the tweeters to the panels.
      hmm.. but for a clean setup, and for upgrades down the line, it would be beneficial for me to find some tweeter pods? do you have any picutres of a surface mounted tweeter setup.

Comment

The imaging will be a bit better if the tweeters in your set don't have an angled mount. If you have a way to angle them toward the seats, then it won't really matter.

Comment

Hmm k.

so you're saying that having tweeter pods would be beneficial as far as look/sound. but its not really necessary if i can find a way to surface mount the speakers that im getting, at an angle.?

Comment

Originally posted by Kruzen
            Hmm k.

so you're saying that having tweeter pods would be beneficial as far as look/sound. but its not really necessary if i can find a way to surface mount the speakers that im getting, at an angle.?
            yes

Comment

go for the pods for ease. Just post in WTB or search Ebay. Thye are not expensive.
              For some reason those and the shifter get the most comments. :?

Im now E30less.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan Stewart
                go for the pods for ease. Just post in WTB or search Ebay. Thye are not expensive.

http://photos.imageevent.com/rstewar...rior/tweet.jpg
                a local junkyard wanted 20$ each for them, someone on ebay is selling them for 15$ for both so i set up a proxy bid up to like 30$.. either way i suppose i save money.

Comment

a local junkyard wanted 20$ each for them, someone on ebay is selling them for 15$ for both so i set up a proxy bid up to like 30$.. either way i suppose i save money.
                  The components you bought come with surface mounts. If I remember right, they are angled so they could be mounted with ease without sacrificing sound quality. Wait until you get the components at your door before you go spending more money.
                  Current BMW's:
                  2004 330Ci
                  1986 European 325i cabrio
                  1986 735i

Previous BMW's:
                  1989 325is RIP
                  1989 325iX RIP
                  2001 740iL RIP

Comment

Originally posted by mph

The components you bought come with surface mounts. If I remember right, they are angled so they could be mounted with ease without sacrificing sound quality. Wait until you get the components at your door before you go spending more money.
                    oh alright :)

heheh. to make thigns even better.. i was wondering why my ciggarette lighter wasn't working, so i opened it up tonight to find a mess of custom wiring and such, so that should be fun to deal with once i get in there *sigh* gota love used cars.

Comment

If you can angle mount the tweeters, then save yourself some money and do that.

Comment

Working...
                      X