Image Dynamics setup - help me choose the sizes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Image Dynamics setup - help me choose the sizes

So I have decided (I think) on getting all Image Dynamics speakers.

I will be using chameleon components in the front, and their mid-bass drivers in the rear. Anyone know if the ID 5 1/4" components will fit in the front without modifications, and also if the 5 1/4" speakers will fit w/o mods in the rear deck?

For subs, I need some opinions here. I was thinking I could do like 1 10" IDMAX, or maybe I could do something like 2x8" IDQs.
    I think that the IDMAX would be a lil bit of overkill, but I dont know if I will be happy with a single 10" IDQ. At the same time I dont want 2 10 inchers sitting in the trunk.

For amps, Im thinking of Hifonics. 5 Channel if i just go with the IDQs. 4 channel and a mono if i decide with the IDMAX.

Any opinions and suggestions will be appreicated. Thanks!
    ~ Go Canucks Go! ~

Yes, the IDs will fit in the front with no complications. I used to have some up there (I had the CX5 midbass speaker).

Why are you bothering with mid-bass speakers in the rear if you're running a sub? I'd say ditch the rears because the 5.25" in the front will play all of the frequencies that the rear 5.25" will play.

I'd go with 1 10" subwoofer. I've never heard the IDMax, but it strikes me as an SPL sub.

I'd go with the front component set, and then the rear sub. You should look into Xtant's 3-channel amps too.
    Originally posted by Gruelius
    and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

Comment

Yes listen to KEN ditch the mid bass in the rear deck, it will pull your midbass back towards the rear, leave the rears empty. Now KEN, your wrong, the IDMAX is not a SPL sub, i have a 12, i love it, pure SQ, and it blends very well. But i still wish i got a 10. Get a 10IDMAX, it will not be overkill, and your love it. I would at most say it's a SQL, heehee but not a SPL.

-gil

Comment

hmm interesting.

How difficult do you think it would be to get 2 8" IDQs in the rear deck instead of the mid-bass fillers? And maybe get a 10" IDQ installed in the passthtough. (Even though I dont have the center armrest, I could try to find one in the future)

I guess there's no way I can fit 6 1/2" components in the front w/o modification right?
        ~ Go Canucks Go! ~

Comment

It'd be pretty hard to fit 8" woofers in the rear deck; the mounting depth is too large. Look under the rear deck and you'll see the mechanisms for the trunk will be in the way.

There are *some* 6.5" woofers that will fit up front, however, most do not.
          Originally posted by Gruelius
          and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

Comment

i would personally get the idmax ... it will have way more potential as it is more sql oriented, but dont let that fool you they sound incredibly awsome.

Comment

Originally posted by Schnell 318
              i would personally get the idmax ... it will have way more potential as it is more sql oriented, but dont let that fool you they sound incredibly awsome.
              IDMAX would be sweet, I just really wanted to run 1 amp instead of having to carry around 2 amps. I doubt there are any good 3 channel amp that can power the IDMAX and the components up front (for a reasonable price...).
              ~ Go Canucks Go! ~

Comment

There are, their called 4 channel amps. Heeheee :D Just bridge two channels into one, and BAM loads of power also.

Comment

Originally posted by spud814
                  There are, their called 4 channel amps. Heeheee :D Just bridge two channels into one, and BAM loads of power also.
                  still (usually) not enough juice to power an IDMAX.
                  ~ Go Canucks Go! ~

Comment

I only put 280 watts into mine and it's fine. Just b/c it says 1000, dont mean you have to put 1000 watts man. People compete in IASCA with only 100watts to a MAX.

Comment

Originally posted by spud814
                      I only put 280 watts into mine and it's fine. Just b/c it says 1000, dont mean you have to put 1000 watts man. People compete in IASCA with only 100watts to a MAX.
                      I don't have to, you are absolutely right. But if i get the IDMAX, i wanna give it at least 500. I recently had a Phoenix Gold Ti500.4 amp and eq, but I SOLD IT. IM SOOOOO PISSED OFF AT MYSELF.

Now im going to have to search for another amp.
                      ~ Go Canucks Go! ~

Comment

Working...
                      X