amp cooling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

amp cooling

alright my amp is over heating and i know that gettin a fan will probly help but is it safe to run an amp without the cover on it

(my amp has side covers that come off i was wondering if i could replace them with some mesh material to let air flow threw and cool the electronics)
    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by TimKninja
    Im more afraid of this thread turning into one of those classic R3v moments, where Pizza gets delivered.

Get a crossflow fan to blow accross the heat-sink.
    Originally posted by Gruelius
    and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

Comment

like a computer fan?

i was wondering just incase the fan doesnt do the job.
      Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Im more afraid of this thread turning into one of those classic R3v moments, where Pizza gets delivered.

Comment

how do you have it mounted? If it's mounted horizontally it won't disperse the heat as well as it would vertically... Fans do work, I've used them in the past and I might rig up one for my current set up, my sub amp over heats too... However It's ok if I leave the trunk mat open for more airflow so I might sew in some velcro to keep it open on long trips.

M

Comment

my amp is mounted very similar to yours actually maybe a little higher in the well.
          it only overheats a little it cuts on and off frequently so hopefully a fan will help

Comment

Originally posted by NC325iC
            my amp is mounted very similar to yours actually maybe a little higher in the well.
            it only overheats a little it cuts on and off frequently so hopefully a fan will help
            What are you running off of the amp? The impedence of your load may be too low.

Comment

either get some open air in there, or lower your gains if they are all the way up.
              FOKAI DA'MA'SHI'I ENSANE GRAPPING INT.

Comment

ive got a rockford 10 runnin off of it ill recheck the impedence
                if theyre mismatched do i need to get something else?

alright i found out that when i have the power bridged its runnin 2 to many ohms but if i dont bridge it itll be fine hope this fixes it.

how can i get extra wires to come out of my box?
                should i just unscrew the cup (where i hook wires now) and just stick new wires threw?

(edit)
                nm i looked on rockford site and found a way to make it 4ohms

Comment

koo, RF under rates theyre stuff. ive got a older 200.2 that pushed 2 twelves really hard. theyre pushing two tens now.
                  FOKAI DA'MA'SHI'I ENSANE GRAPPING INT.

Comment

my sub is rockford amp is pioneer
                    the sub is rated for 500 rms 1000 peak

Comment

amp is pioneer
                      You should have said so sooner, that is your problem right there.

E30 ABS Pump Refurbishment Service
                      https://mtechniqueauto.com/

Comment

actually im impressed with it it holds up well
                        i really think its b/c i had a 4 ohm amp pushin a sub that was wired for 1 ohm
                        btw the amp was a present so ill take it

Comment

Is the sub a DVC?

Comment

actually im impressed with it it holds up well
                            The giant shit I took today held up well to being flushed.

Didn't make it worth saving any more then that amp tho.

E30 ABS Pump Refurbishment Service
                            https://mtechniqueauto.com/

Comment

hahaha thats hilarious
                              but seriously its good it was overheating because of the ohm issue
                              its enough for me
                              and dont say that taking a big shit yesterday was enough for you but that doesnt mean your gonna keep it as an amp

Comment

Working...
                              X