X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stereo Setup Final Decision

Hey guys,

Okay, so after a lot of waiting and saving up cash, here is the plan:

I've already purchased the Alpine CDA-9833 deck and the Alpine 10" Type-R (4ohm) subwoofer. I'm going to get the Alpine MRD-M301 amplifier with 350W x 1RMS @ 2ohm. I'm going to get a custom install on an enclosure with an amp rack and the 10" sub sticking out towards the rear, with the sub being on the left hand side pointing outwards and the amp rack on the right hand side.

Any comments or opinions before I go through with it?
    '91 E30 M42 DIAMANTSCHWARZ

Is the Type R a DVC?

Are you planning on installing mids too?
    Originally posted by Gruelius
    and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

Comment

Sorry, I don't quite know what a DVC is...

I'm not going to install mids just yet, I don't have cash coming outta my ass, heh :) But hopefully in the future, I'll get some good mids.

Comment

DVC = Dual Voice Coil

I just checked and the Type R is a DVC. Just wire the voice coils in parallel and you'll be running a 2-ohm load.
        Originally posted by Gruelius
        and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

Comment

type r 10" inch is a 2 ohm sub, (at least ive never heard of a 4 0hm one) and id put the sub on the right hand side if i where you (better wheight distribution, when you dont have a passenger.)
          '91 318is

Comment

Ah, good simple idea :) Thanks guys.

Yeah, there is a 4ohm, considering I bought it already and it's sitting in my room :)

The guy described it to me as a false wall just with the sub mounted into it and the amp rack next to it, so it all ends off flush with the wall. How far do you guys recommend for the wall to extend out to? I still want trunk space, but I realised that due to the design of the trunk, if it's too near the rear seats, you would sort of have to bend over a little bit to see the sub and amp, LOL.

Comment

Are you doing an infinite baffle setup?
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by trashcop 80s 80s
                Are you doing an infinite baffle setup?
                I'm not really planning to do an infinite baffle setup, just a straight forward custom, fully-sealed enclosure.

Comment

Originally posted by christophbmw
                  type r 10" inch is a 2 ohm sub, (at least ive never heard of a 4 0hm one) and id put the sub on the right hand side if i where you (better wheight distribution, when you dont have a passenger.)
                  They come in both dual 2-ohm and dual 4-ohm.

I have my sub box on the driver's side with the amp on the passenger, attatched to the lining. I didn't want to lose trunk space.

Comment

Working...
                  X