Thanks to stereoinstaller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks to stereoinstaller

This weekend I installed a new Alpine HU in my cabby. After thoroughly reading lots of Luke's advice and following it closely, I am happy to say that it was easily my best install ever. It took a bit longer, but it is very clean and secure.

Luke's tips that were especially helpful...buying a good crimper and using butt joints....carefully sorting out the front tweeter situation to make sure it was wired correctly..taking thing apart and carefully running wiring.

Thanks again, Luke.:)

Now enough ass kissing, I need to figure out where to put my subwoofer.

Bill
    sigpic

Luke is a great asset to this board.

He helped me alot when I had headunit questions as well.

Luke ftw.

Comment

Originally posted by Danny View Post
      Luke is a great asset to this board.

He helped me alot when I had headunit questions as well.

Luke ftw.
      Here Here I drink to Luke!!!
      sigpic
      WTB-Strut Bar

Comment

Thanks, guys.

Where to put the sub in a cabby is, um, in a coupe?

One of these days I am gonna get a cabby dropped off at my shop for like a month while I figure out just what the hell to do.

When I get a cabby, I will yank the back seats out and do a pair of 12's in a HUGE box, with a pile of amps and shit, like $10,000 worth of crap, then never ever turn it on while driving...

Luke

Closing SOON!
        "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

LOL, Yea luke is coo.
          ** Lot's of M20 turbo parts for sale.**

Turn key track car.

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=222066

Comment

Originally posted by StereoInstaller1 View Post
            Thanks, guys.

Where to put the sub in a cabby is, um, in a coupe?

One of these days I am gonna get a cabby dropped off at my shop for like a month while I figure out just what the hell to do.

When I get a cabby, I will yank the back seats out and do a pair of 12's in a HUGE box, with a pile of amps and shit, like $10,000 worth of crap, then never ever turn it on while driving...

Luke
            I think I'm going to build a little box and tuck my sub into the corner where the battery sat on most E30s. Fortunately it's a model that likes very small boxes. A friend (who is a good stereo installer), didn't read the directions very well, built a normal-sized box, and it sounded like crap. He sold it to me cheap, I built a little bitty box for my old Talon, and it sounded great.

Comment

Sam, what you hear in a Talon has no bearing on what you hear in an E30, much less a 'vert.

Talon = hatch, thus "Bass Megaphone" so a single 8" woofer can make boom.

E30 'vert = 2 (!) solid metal firewalls, dense as hell, poor acoustics...good luck.

Closing SOON!
              "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Originally posted by StereoInstaller1 View Post
                Sam, what you hear in a Talon has no bearing on what you hear in an E30, much less a 'vert.

Talon = hatch, thus "Bass Megaphone" so a single 8" woofer can make boom.

E30 'vert = 2 (!) solid metal firewalls, dense as hell, poor acoustics...good luck.
                Oh, I know...and it isn't an 8". It's an old-school Infinity Kappa 12". It can generate plenty of bass...I got tired of some idiots with buzzing trunk lids that were clogging up a gas station when I was trying to get gas in the Talon - I threw in a g/f's Jewel CD, played with the equalization a bit and blew them out of the water with more and better bass.

Long story short - it won't be perfect, but it should get the job done. I'm keeping my only 8" put away for my Corvette.

Comment

Working...
                X