speakers 92 cabrio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

speakers 92 cabrio

I purchased the car last November. It still has the stock speakers. The PO replaced the stock stereo with a ECOM Ecplise. What size speakers do I need for the front kick panels and rear. What brand do you recommend? I was thinking Infinity. I want something that will be very easy for me to install.

Thanks,

Alex O

All four speakers are 5 1/4".

Aaron
    2008 Audi S4 Avant

Comment

all 4 are 5.25's yes but the rears have a depth issue... It's hard to find a 5.25 to fit becuase the magnet hit's the body. You might want to leave the rear speakers stock or go for a 4"... If you can, try out a bunch of 5.25's will small magnets but only if you can return them.

M

Comment

Im thinking Infinity Kappa 5.25 for the front and Infinity reference 4" for the back. Should that work. How difficult would it be to rewire?

Thanks

Comment

Get components up front. The wiring is easy. you'll have to remove a lot of trim...

The kick panels, rocker panels, the the rear side panels... Run the wire with the factory wiring. The install is easy just time consuming... Make sure you don't break the trim panel for the front seat belts that attaches to the rocker... I broke both side because they get brittle. Same with the storage compartment latch trim.... Other than those parts it's easy and self explanatory.

Good luck
          M

Comment

Polk DB5250s fit "okay" if you can get something thich to insulate between the magnet and the body for the rear speakers.

They sound great, with a 100w RMS and 200w peak :)
            R.I.P 07/01/09 - 04/23/10 :(

Comment

Working...
            X