Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

C33 v. C43...

What are the differences?

Which one would be better (or easier) to swap into an E30?

Someone school me on the subject, I may have found the C33 unit that I want to swap into the car.

Appreciate it.
    - Trey

E90 325i/6 (ZSP, ZPP, ZCW)
    E36 325i sedan
    E30 325i sedan
    Volvo 945T

I think the C33 has weatherband, while the c43 has RDS instead - both are DIN size - install would be the same. I have a c43 - see my old post on it using search function.
    Aaron

Comment

They're very similar. C43 has Burr Brown DACs, which approach audiophile-grade, as far as I know.

You can find all the differences out with a quick google, BTW.
      cars beep boop

Comment

From what I have been reading over the past week or 2 the C43 is what the people with C33's upgrade to to avoid problems. I didn't catch what the problems were but that the C33's were buggy or something. I've been searching around for a CD43 since I am tired of looking at my current tape deck.

Edit* there is also a price difference of about 2-300 dollars! I can find C33's for about $50 while C43's are about $300

Comment

Originally posted by Hellish_Elf View Post
          Edit* there is also a price difference of about 2-300 dollars! I can find C33's for about $50 while C43's are about $300
          Same, they're all over Bf.c, but are getting some pretty serious money (roughly $100-150 less than a HK TrafficPro.) Were the C33's used in the E36's and then the C43's used in E46's?
          - Trey

E90 325i/6 (ZSP, ZPP, ZCW)
          E36 325i sedan
          E30 325i sedan
          Volvo 945T

Comment

Originally posted by TDE30 View Post
            Same, they're all over Bf.c, but are getting some pretty serious money (roughly $100-150 less than a HK TrafficPro.) Were the C33's used in the E36's and then the C43's used in E46's?
            c43's were used in Z3's too
            Aaron

Comment

The e46 isn't the correct size slot, too short and too wide, sad part is they go for a lot less on ebay . I would just hold out for a c43 or CD43. I'm trying for the latter but I doubt I'll get one for a decent price. Especially since the e36 owners with c33's want to upgrade to them as well!

Comment

Working...
              X