home link remote install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

home link remote install

I some times have to leave my car outside and do not like that I have a remotes for my garages in the car. Someone could break into the car and then they would have access... Taking them out of the car is a pain....

So this is what I came up with...

I got a homelink that was out of a car visor and installed in the e30.

I tapped into the power to the overhead warning panel and mounted it just below the sunroof motor (just fit). I took the cover that goes over the opening and cut the shape of the homelink face plus a little. I then put speaker cloth over the cover to help hide the transition of the homelink face to backing it has to snap into.

Now I have a remote that only works when the key is in the on position and I don't have to fumble with two remotes any longer.

In the pictures the speaker cloth is washed out by the flash, there is not that much contrast between the different shades of black. The reason for the second pic is to help show more of the real contrast. I might even cover it in black vinyl, but it actually looks decent in real life.

cool I guess

I've always been proud of being a Marine.
    I won't hesitate to defend the Corps
    "Supersquad"

‎"Prostitutes are a sub-category of Amusement Parks"-

Comment

Looks good man! Been thinking of doing this. What you take the homelink out of? Any write up?

Comment

No write up, basically there are just two power wires on the home link. Connect to power from overhead warning panel....came out of a Ford sun visor.

Comment

Not a bad idea at all. And a good place to put it!
          I may end up doing this in the future.
          Thanks!

Comment

These can be had for a 5 finger discount at the wreakers. Cool idea too.
            1985 325e 2.8 Turbo VEMS

Comment

Originally posted by SamE30e View Post
              These can be had for a 5 finger discount at the wreakers. Cool idea too.
              Good shiet!;)

So ford huh? OH yeah, so how you set it?

Comment

Working...
              X