Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Favorite $30 Mod so far...(keyless entry)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok i have on my 91 318is i have no green and black or green and purple wires in the harness running through the trunk. I have two green and red a gray and red and a gray and blue i believe. which wires on the car is the unlock and lock?

Comment

There should be two groups of wires, if its not in one group, it should be in the other. Atleast, thats what I did.
      Estoril E36 M3/4/5 | Toledo E53 X5 3.0 | LeMans E90 335D M-Sport

Comment

Ah yes i picked up the brake light wiring not the trunk lock wiring. Thanks.

Comment

Haha, some possibilities there... I'm getting another one and wiring it to the brakelights. I'll use it whenever tailgaters get too close. Downshift and flash the brakes, it'll blow their mind!

'88 325is
          VP UT of Austin Autoholics
          BMWCCA 380364

Comment

anyone have that setup with the flipout key? not intrested in the whole security system but the flipout key with keyless entry seems prety cool for a nice price.
            sigpic

Comment

Guys, has anyone wired the lights to blink with the keyless only unit? I tried to do it by splicing the wires behind the light switch and connecting them to the two empty wires on the transmitter. It did not work, they do not light at all when I lock the car. HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!
              Yours truly,
              Rich
              sigpic
              Originally posted by Rigmaster
              you kids get off my lawn.....

Comment

so no one then?
                Yours truly,
                Rich
                sigpic
                Originally posted by Rigmaster
                you kids get off my lawn.....

Comment

hey, i've had the omega keyless entry installed on my car for a few months now, but was wondering how well the range is on your guys'? Since I installed mine in the trunk, my remote only works about twenty or so feet from the trunk. Is there any way to possibly extend the range?

:(^SOLD^:(

Comment

i installed one of these units on friday using the trunk method. for some reason i could only lock the car. unlock does nothing. i also can't trigger the central unlock at the trunk switch so something wierd is going on

today i relocated the unit to the kick panel and everything works as it's supposed to. module is velcro'd to the top of the abs computer. i have the dip switches in the "on demand" mode, not timed pulse as the timing was too slow to trigger the lock/unlock relays and i was too lazy to adjust the timing. range is as far as i need it to be.

two thumbs up
                    James
                    '88 M3

Comment

awesome. Im doing this!

Comment

I forgot to mention I picked up one of these and installed it in my '88 M3 not too long ago. My car was having the sticky door lock cylinder syndrome, and was taking a lot of force to unlock. I didn't really want to pull it apart to fix it, so for $30 and 20 minutes of total work I don't have to worry about it anymore!

For anyone with an E30, I think this is a must buy addition to your car.
                        Eric Giles
                        '20 M2 CS
                        '04 M3
                        '11 X5 35D
                        '87 325is
                        '91 325i Sport

There are few things more expensive than a cheap BMW...

Comment

Originally posted by Eric Giles
                          I forgot to mention I picked up one of these and installed it in my '88 M3 not too long ago. My car was having the sticky door lock cylinder syndrome, and was taking a lot of force to unlock. I didn't really want to pull it apart to fix it, so for $30 and 20 minutes of total work I don't have to worry about it anymore!

For anyone with an E30, I think this is a must buy addition to your car.
                          I think this will be my next non-maintenence purchase for my beater if I plan on keeping it past this summer. I hate having to unlock from my trunk or passenger door. This would be a good addition.

Comment

The unit's lock/unlock functions work for me, althought it took some time to setup the remotes. It sometimes takes a while for the receiver to react to a remote button being pressed. Should the receiver jumpers be set for "On Demand" or "Latch / Unlatch"?

Comment

I finally finished mine up, after making a BIG booboo.

I didn't use the other wire set and it worked fine... are they for somethign in particular that i would need, i figure as long as my car locks/unlocks i'm set, right?

PS- once i got over the booboo, simple install, yet still so proud of myself :-P another thing accomplished! and yes.. probably the best $30 i've spent on my car so far!

click to see more pics :-)

Comment

ok, what the hell. all of a sudden my keyless stopped working. this after working perfectly for 3 months. central locking still works like it should

so i pulled the unit out, unplugged it, and plugged it back in. locks work again. however after letting the car sit for a an hour or so, it stopped working again. it's not a wiring problem. it's almost like the unit is malfunctioning. anyone else seen something like this?
                                James
                                '88 M3

Comment

Working...
                                X