Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Favorite $30 Mod so far...(keyless entry)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah,taped bundel

i undid all the tape, no greenblack or greenpurple,lots of blue, grey, etc. this sucks

hey wait a minute, i found it. separate taped bundle, smaller than the other...youre the man!!!!!!!hot damn....thanks
    Last edited by bfdbatt2; 12-01-2007, 10:43 AM.

Comment

I installed a remote central into a e30 the other day and found that installing into the lock and unlock request circuits is NOT the way to go, after a few locks and opens, it stopped working,

So I installed the remote unlock and lock circuits directly into the actual lock and unlock
      circuits that drive the motors, this has now worked 100% without hitch,

Just a note to others about to do this.
      Also the trunk unlock is connect on a separate channel from the other doors, so
      if that goes out, it stops working all together, while driving the motors never stops working
      Gunni
      @ Prodrive / Aston Martin Racing

Comment

I ordered this a few days ago, and i got a message from the seller saying something about me needed a module to reverse the polarity or something. Anyone know if I really need this? This is for an '88 325is.
        TIA
        If life passes you by... Downshift.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazr111 View Post
          I ordered this a few days ago, and i got a message from the seller saying something about me needed a module to reverse the polarity or something. Anyone know if I really need this? This is for an '88 325is.
          TIA
          Dont know about early models, It worked fine without an extra module for me on my late model. I think you'll be fine. Try it first. GL

Comment

Sounds good, thanks
            If life passes you by... Downshift.

Comment

No prob, it should be real easy. Let me know if you have any trouble. :up:

Comment

Anyone have the link or name of the system, the original ebay link is dead.
                1987 325i-M60b44 swap

Comment

Originally posted by Zacm829 View Post
                  Anyone have the link or name of the system, the original ebay link is dead.

Made by Omega Research Keyless Entry.

Comment

Yeah, i picked one of these up for about 25 shipped, and have to say it is awesome. Keyless entry, I love it!

Anyway, i took some pics of my wiring, because I know it would have helped me a lot.

Blue, Blue, Green/Purple

Green, Green, Green/Black

Black, Brown

I hit my antenna up for some power, just ran some 16 gauge to the red, so this is red, red.

This is super easy, DO IT!
                    Hemingway said it best. “There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.”

Help a brother out, buy your detailing products here...

Comment

The link for the ebay listing is dead. Can someone relink or found a new one?

edit: I scrolled up. No need nao.

Comment

Mine works, I'm working on getting the lights to work when I lock and unlock it. Thinking 2 relays off the lock motor.
                        1985 325e 2.8 Turbo VEMS

Comment

Originally posted by SamE30e View Post
                          Mine works, I'm working on getting the lights to work when I lock and unlock it. Thinking 2 relays off the lock motor.
                          Man Ive been trying to set mine up to have the lights flash or hazard flash when lock/unlock. Let me know if you figure it out because I couldnt.

Comment

Desperately need a bit of help.

I've spliced my blue and green wires into the appropriate trunk wires, I'm getting power across the 12v line and the ground and if I plug the harness into the unit whilst the car is locked/unlocked the car will unlock/lock. However, neither of the remotes will unlock or lock the car.
                            Once the harness is plugged in I cannot use the trunk lock to unlock or lock the car, hoever, if I use the doors, the trunk will still lock/unlock.

Please help?

My Flickr

Comment

Just installed this yesterday in my '84 - big thank you to whoever posted the wiring color differences in the early cars, that was a big help.

I had a major "duh" moment when hooking this up - did the wiring, tested the remote, and it would only lock - no unlock. Went back and tore apart all my wiring to check it, tried it again and same thing. Then I had the stroke of genius to try with the trunk shut - lo and behold, it works perfect! :curse:

Even with doing the wiring twice this only took me about 40 minutes to install, and now I don't have to unlock the driver's door from the trunk and I am VERY happy. Well worth the $27 shipped or whatever I paid for it. :)
                              Last edited by nosignal; 03-30-2008, 08:40 AM.
                              ::: Present -- '87 325e, '95 525i
                              ::: Past -- '91 318i, '95 540i/6, '85 323i Euro, '86 325es, '86 325e, '84 318i

Comment

Sorry to bump this old thread, but does anyone have a recent link of this product on ebay? Looking to get this done my vert! TIA!

Comment

Working...
                                X