Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Favorite $30 Mod so far...(keyless entry)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DanGillan
    Originally posted by Bryson
    my only gripe about the trunk install is that you can't wire it to the parking lights or horn without it being a major pain in the ass. That being said, mine isn't wired to either of those, but my interior lights do turn on when I unlock it :P
    how did you do that?
    :!: :?:

I just looked at the UPS tracking, and mine wont be in until the day after Labor day. :(

Comment

how did he do that...
      Dan

Comment

Well, I recieved mine the other day. It is VERY SMALL! The box it arrived in was only about 3.5" cubed.

I will be installing it this weekend. From what I can see, the wiring is REALLY REALLY easy. I expect less than 1/2 hour install. The main harness on the unit has only 4 wires. POS (Red), GRN (Black), LOCK (Blue), and UNLOCK (Green). There is a secondary harness with about three wires on it total (Dont recall the colors of the wiring). They will more than likely put out a +12v signal when one of the buttons is pushed on the remote, so I will test them, and if it's as I suspect, hook it of those up to my flashers, so that they will flash when I hit the button to lock/unlock.

More details in the next 3-4 days fellas.

Comment

there is a 4 wire, and a 2 wire, first i hooked up just the 4 wires, as you said. nothing worked. then I connected the 2-wire harness onto the same wires, blue (unlock) green (lock) or vise versa, but the same as the other harness, then it worked. when you do a write up. make sure you make it clear which color wire on which harness becuase the colors are the same. PLEASE DO A WRITEUP!!!! we'll all appreciate it. I was suprised how small it is too.
          Dan

Comment

Oh yeah... a write up will follow here in a coupla days. Your keyless will work with only the first 4 wires hooked up. Notice in the instructions that the harness with 4 wires is configured as output #3 and #4. That means when programming your remote that it will not send a signal until you program 3 & 4. You probly just programmed 1 & 2 on your remote (which means you would HAVE to hook up the secondary harness).

Comment

oh...
              well, when you do a writeup, i will completely re-do everything
              can you do a full step by step including programing and all that shit...??? that would be frigeen awesome!
              Dan

Comment

No problem Dan. I'll be as detailed as possible.

Comment

how do you configure it to use #1 and #2 rather than 3 and 4? im reading the directions and I cant figure it out. i think i might just leave it as 3 and 4 to lock/unlock, then take 1 and wire it to dome lights as a timed pulse, and take 2 and wire it to parking lights as a timed pulse. is that what your doing?

PS, if you have AIM, can you IM me at DanGillan
                  Dan

Comment

Well, I'm supposed to get mine today. Can't wait!

Comment

my dad did this to his e30, it works great
                      BEERTECH

Comment

Write-up is in the works tonight - I have the system all together and it works great. Unfortunatly, my digi-cam took a fall off the back of the trunk, and is now in about 8 peices. I will have no pictures of the last part of my install, but I can do some serious writing for that part to make up.

Comment

Hey bighands do you ever get on AIM?

I got my system hooked up and when I did I immediately tried out the remote. It worked for an unlock and unlock twice, then just up and died. The little LED comes on, but does not talk to the unit.

My other remote works just fine. I don't understand why the other just died on me though. Kinda makes me mad.

I tried the holding down the pin thing and programming the remote that doesnt work, but again, the unit wont even acknowlege it's presense. Only the other one.

Comment

I moved out to my first home recently and cannot afford internet right now. I can only surf the web here at work now... and the damn servers block all downloads - meaning I have no AIM available, sorry.

Take apart your remote and swap the batteries on the two, just to check out the simple fix. More than likely the remote just died on ya.

Comment

Nope. I did some fooling around and I played with the blue twisty thing inside the remote.. OOPS! Fucked that one over. I finally did get them to work but since I fooled with the blue thing, that remote is useless.

I for one absolutely hate electrics and Its always a bitch to get anything to work right for me.. I ran into another problem: neither of my remotes would open the doors, but I somehow managed to fix it by messing with the trunk lock that somehow managed to stay locked. I dunno. The electrics on these BMWs suck ass. I ran into yet another problem that I can't fix. Read below.

Now it's my front driverside door! IT WONT UNLOCK. I have to use the key to open it. The other door and the trunk opens fine. Its just that the drivers side is stuck or something, and it's really pissing me off as it renders the keyless entry a worthless install.

edit: its my locking mechanism. I'll fix it soon.

Woo hoo!

Comment

any write ups done?

timmy? anyone?
                                Dan

Comment

Working...
                                X