Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Favorite $30 Mod so far...(keyless entry)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

any1 know how to get the lock actuator out of the drivers side door? how can i get at it, it seems totally blocked. i need to replace this in order for a keyless entry to work...when i use my key in the trunk lock, it only unlocks the pass side and trunk, and when i try to lock from the trunk it only locks the trunk...maybe the central locking control unit? where can i find this? thanks for any info guys.
    -cary
    IG: @Baye30

FRONT VALENCE IS ZENDER!!! STOP FILLING MY PM BOX PPL!!!

Comment

Hey Dan, I havent done the writeup yet - I've been working 6 days since I got the damned thing (last two weeks). I'm off on Sundays, but I take my Sundays seriously by climbing some 5.11a at RedRock. After a few of those, I'm exhausted. I can probly do it on Monday after I get my Alcohol and Health cards (just got hired as a bartender and MUST have these to work).

Comment

sounds good man, dont mean to nag, just trying to keep this thread alive. let us know! thanks again man,
        Dan

Comment

the actuator is held in by 2 screws that u will see when you take the door panel off..once u take the 2 screws out reach around inside the door theres a plug on the bottom of the actuator just unplug that and then unhook it from the top.hope this helps...i suck at writing directions

Comment

just ordered mine but iw anna know how to hook up the lights.... still waitng for that writeup with pics....

Comment

any info????

Comment

Originally posted by e30 gangsta
                any info????

Comment

so basically its 4 wires to hook it up????

Comment

Originally posted by e30 gangsta
                    so basically its 4 wires to hook it up????
                    yup easy as pie

Comment

how about??? the lgihts thingy????

Comment

what colors do you splice into what? i see no 'yellow and blue' only a green and blue.
                        Who doesn't love a little BBQ?
                        Griot's Garage at a Deep Discount

Comment

this is fucking rediculous

At first i was using the wrong harness (dumb is me)
                          I was originally using vampire tap's cause they're nice and easy to clean up and not too intrusive on the wiring.

After vampire tap's didn't work, i opened up the shielding on everything in the correct harness and started testing shit out. NOTHING FUCKING WORKS. but i can unlcok/lock my trunk with the key just fine.

i've tapped into everything and it wont workl

Comment

for clarification, the blue's are going to green/black and the green's are going to green/purple.

vice-versa does not help.

and yes, the wires like that are just temporary.

Comment

got it working. nm

Comment

Originally posted by Digitalwave
                                This thread is pathetic, are you guys so helpless you need an illustrated write up to splice in like 5 wires? Damn, I hope none of you plan on doing an M50 swap, let alone ever working on a car stereo.
                                i think they'rea aasking for a writeup on connecting into something up front, but in the trunk.

i ended up not having power through my wires, but power at the source of them, which threw off the rest of my trial and error. It also helps to know what wires you're supposed to splice into, which i didn't, i had to guess pretty much cause all the guide's were down and the how-to included with the item was for a driver side kick panel install.,

Comment

Working...
                                X