Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Danny View Post
    I like my spot.
    your is the best spot shown so far in the thread but ideally eye level would better. best location is the center air vents or if you absolutely need to keep them, delete the radio and put them there. No radio or no center vents.. ah the compromises :)
    '12 F30 328i Sport Line
    '91 SpecE30 #523
    '00 Ford F-350 Dually Tow Vehicle

BMWCCA #360858 NASA #

Comment

I like this one

Comment

I was going to put my gauges in place of the radio but they're too big, so I gave up and made my own cluster out of balsa/fiberglass/plywood. Doing the wiring for it now, it sits nicely right over the air vents. Only downside for those who care about their dash is you gotta cut a hole in the top of it...

Comment

Originally posted by BigD View Post
          I was going to put my gauges in place of the radio but they're too big, so I gave up and made my own cluster out of balsa/fiberglass/plywood. Doing the wiring for it now, it sits nicely right over the air vents. Only downside for those who care about their dash is you gotta cut a hole in the top of it...

Hey, thats nice, any installed pics???

thanks
          S52 iX conversion --> http://e30tech.com/forum/showthread.php?t=78938 :D

Comment

best picture i could find of mine.

Comment

Originally posted by BrewCity11 View Post
              I have this but i can't get the damn thing to fit in there. Yes, i removed the ashtray. It's been sitting for months.
              Hey Brew City

give ya 20 for it

anyway, that is what I think is an ideal location, anothre idea I played with is putting gauges where the radio is, and moving the raido down into that area, but I could nto find a radio thta was small enough

really wish bmw had put a oil pressure gauge someplace in the cluster, thats the only one for me that is critical/desirable
              next would be an amp/volt since I do not need a boost gauge, not sure what to put in the 3rd hole, trans temp ? warp speed indicator, radar force field jamming switch
              Last edited by 3bvert; 12-05-2009, 07:52 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X