Alarm Install issues/questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alarm Install issues/questions

My install was going well until I tested the install and here are the issues.

The alarm does not work/arm with the driver's door closed, however with the door open, the alarm will try to arm and lock the doors (driver's side not included). The locks go down and pop back up. I am assuming that this is because the driver's side door is still open.

SO now..can anyone shed some light on why the alrm module doesn't try to arm with the door closed?

Alarm: Audiovox Prestige

Current Wiring
    Red power from alarm module to ignition red
    Yellow ignition wire to ignition

Door lock wiring
    Green from module to Green/purple in e30
    Red from module to Yellow/Blue in e30

now another question is are e30 - trigger or + trigger alarmed? Currently I don't either hooked up but I'm sure it would be best to do so.
    N
    Any advice/insight?

Originally posted by Dragowl View Post

Door lock wiring
    Green from module to Green/purple in e30
    Red from module to Yellow/Blue in e30
    Failure located.

Green/BLUE, not purple...although it has a tiny purple tint to it.

You CAN NOT directly connect that alarm to the E30 door lock system, you MUST use relays.

If you don't know what or how, post up. I will walk you through it.

E30s are negative trigger door pins, and your alarm will be pissed off if you do not connect them. In the same harness you should have found door locks in, (behind the left front speaker) is a brown/purple. That is the door pins.

Closing SOON!
    "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Thanks for the insight Luke...I also found my other issue, like a dumbass, I forgot to ground the unit...but now the locks still pop down and back up...I have a feeling its related to the relay not being used. I'm going to monkey around with that now...

Thank you sir!

Comment

The doors will not lock with the doors open unless you do 2 things:

1. Fool the latch into thinking it is closed by manually latching it.

2. Close the door pin.

You still MUST use relays on that alarm. It might work for a while, but it will not be long-term reliable.

Luke

Closing SOON!

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Comment

Originally posted by StereoInstaller1 View Post
          The doors will not lock with the doors open unless you do 2 things:

1. Fool the latch into thinking it is closed by manually latching it.

2. Close the door pin.

You still MUST use relays on that alarm. It might work for a while, but it will not be long-term reliable.

Luke

I have a relay...how may I go about hooking it up properly, IE which of the lock/unlock wires do I use it for...or is it better with the trigger?

Edit...I am closing the door to check, the driver's side is still not semi locking with the others...

Comment

Off topic. Thanks Luke for doing my alarm. It is worth every penny to not have to unlock the car from the trunk.

Comment

Trunk lock FTL.

Keyless goodness FTW!

Jose, thanks again for your hospitality.

Luke

Closing SOON!

Comment

Originally posted by Dragowl View Post
                I have a relay...how may I go about hooking it up properly, IE which of the lock/unlock wires do I use it for...or is it better with the trigger?

Edit...I am closing the door to check, the driver's side is still not semi locking with the others...
                You need 2 relays, normal SPDT relays.

I am gonna show how to wire the lock side, do the same for unlock.

85: negative "Lock" from alarm
                86: +12V
                30: ground
                87a: no connection
                87: Negative out to "lock" on car

Luke

Closing SOON!

Comment

Originally posted by StereoInstaller1 View Post
                  You need 2 relays, normal SPDT relays.

I am gonna show how to wire the lock side, do the same for unlock.

85: negative "Lock" from alarm
                  86: +12V
                  30: ground
                  87a: no connection
                  87: Negative out to "lock" on car

Luke
                  Thanks Luke, picked up two last night from the "Shack"...I'll tackle this tonight...

Comment

Coool.

If failure occurs, feel free to call me at 541-747-1171.

I can be hard to reach sometimes.

Luke

Closing SOON!

Comment

Originally posted by stereoinstaller1 View Post
                      coool.

If failure occurs, feel free to call me at 541-747-1171.

I can be hard to reach sometimes.

Luke
                      :d

Comment

Luke,

Thanks for the insight...the relays work great, the problem is that the locks still behave the same, it makes me thing that something may be wrong with the central locking system. Everything else on the system works great, therefore its the only thing left to check. I will do some trouble shooting and let you know the progress.

Comment

HeyDragowl when you go work the alarm again, do you think you can get some pic of the stock wiring that you wire to the alarm under that dash. I got a alarm kit 3 months ago and would like to attempt to install this weekend. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Kwaaahhh View Post
                            HeyDragowl when you go work the alarm again, do you think you can get some pic of the stock wiring that you wire to the alarm under that dash. I got a alarm kit 3 months ago and would like to attempt to install this weekend. Thanks!
                            Sure can...any particular wires? I've pretty much got it all wrapped up and tidy...but I will take pictures.

Comment

You can go to www.the12volt.com to get your wiring color charts.

Closing SOON!

Comment

Working...
                              X