Radio interference from engine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Radio interference from engine

I have a Blaupunkt Casablanca. My engine causes static in my radio signal that gets worse as the revs get higher. Is there anything I can do to stop this problem? Thanks

"One of my top five favorite, like, cool...nerd cars"

'89 325i-sold
    '98 528i

Re: Radio interference from engine

Originally posted by Purdue89E30
    I have a Blaupunkt Casablanca. My engine causes static in my radio signal that gets worse as the revs get higher. Is there anything I can do to stop this problem? Thanks
    Check your ground wire, make sure it's down to bare metal.

Comment

Re: Radio interference from engine

Originally posted by 808BMW
      Originally posted by Purdue89E30
      Check your ground wire, make sure it's down to bare metal.
      yep, if your not grounded correctly, thats what happens, definately check that first.
      Dan

Comment

did you replace the speaker wire? how long have you had an aftermarket unit

http://www.westwerksauto.com

Comment

I used the original speaker wire, I've had the unit for almost a year now and it's been doing this since the start. I just finally got annoyed enough to do something about it. I'll check the ground, thanks.

"One of my top five favorite, like, cool...nerd cars"

'89 325i-sold
          '98 528i

Comment

stock speakers are grounded to chasis run new wires and problem will dissapear

Comment

Working...
            X