Looking for a new deck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for a new deck

I'm going to be looking for a new deck for my car. I would like CD, but the main thing I want is to be able to hook up my iPod to it. Does anyone have any suggestions? I would like it to go with the whole flow of a car with a black interior. I don't want anything super flashy or anything like that, but just some opinions and options would be great.

Derek
    sigpic

i have some JVC deck, i forget which, it has a 1/8th inch aux input on the face, that makes for easy hook up for anything. sorry, i just forget which model
    Dan

Comment

Most Nakamichi decks have an Aux input. If you're just going to run your speakers off of the deck, I'd just look for a used Nak off of eBay. Like a CD-40 or something.
      Originally posted by Gruelius
      and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

Comment

Originally posted by kencopperwheat
        Most Nakamichi decks have an Aux input. If you're just going to run your speakers off of the deck, I'd just look for a used Nak off of eBay. Like a CD-40 or something.
        I got a Nakamichi CD45z and i cant be happier with it. It looks pretty much like it belongs in the car. Its not flashy at all and it sounds great. It plays cd and has 3 pre outs and a aux, and a Cd changer outputs

cant go wrong with it
        Luke
        98 M3 with many goodies

Comment

if you don't want to spend much, i just picked up a new blaupunkt montreal off of ebay for $106 with shipping. Its black, and it isn't too flashy. Most of the buttons are illuminated red, except for one blue knob. Lucky the steering wheel sorta blocks the blue from your view when you drive. Theres two rca cables on the back for an aux input. I just picked up a cable with an 1/8 in audio jack on one end and two male rca plugs on the other, and ran it into the glovebox. it works great. I can take some pictures if you'd like to see how it looks in the dash, although i'm not sure how to post, so if you could help me out with that i'd be happy to get them up.

theres another one for sale on ebay now http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=WDVW

Comment

Originally posted by dwforum
            if you don't want to spend much, i just picked up a new blaupunkt montreal off of ebay for $106 with shipping. Its black, and it isn't too flashy. Most of the buttons are illuminated red, except for one blue knob. Lucky the steering wheel sorta blocks the blue from your view when you drive. Theres two rca cables on the back for an aux input. I just picked up a cable with an 1/8 in audio jack on one end and two male rca plugs on the other, and ran it into the glovebox. it works great. I can take some pictures if you'd like to see how it looks in the dash, although i'm not sure how to post, so if you could help me out with that i'd be happy to get them up.

theres another one for sale on ebay now http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=WDVW
            That's neat! I wonder if I can do that with my Blaupunkt Honolulu

Comment

yea, should work just fine. i believe there might be a bmw adapter that turns the glovebox flashlight charger into a 12v socket. If you got that, you could also hook up a charger to your ipod in the glovebox, and i would guess you wouldn't have to worry about it draining the battery while the car is off.

Comment

Working...
              X