New heatsink for the big red anodized monster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New heatsink for the big red anodized monster

This is the heatsink I've been contemplating getting. The only problem is it's raw, so I would have to take it somewhere to get a protective coating put on it and engraved with the orion hcca emblem. So I'm not sure if it's worth it just to up date the look. So I'm asking you guys for your opinion.

Link to heatsink: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...e=STRK:MEWA:IT

Link to pics of my amp now: http://www.r3vlimited.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=10409

How much bigger is it? It looks like there's already a tight clearance between the sub and amp when you close the back seat up.

Unless you have problems keeping it cool as it is, I wouldn't do it personally. I think it would cost a lot to have the new heat sink annodized and new engravings put on it.
    -Brandon
    '86 325es S50
    '12 VW GTI Autobahn DSG
    '03 540i M-Sport (sold)
    '08 Jeep SRT-8 (sold)

For sale:
    S50 TMS chip for Schricks

Comment

It's 3" longer, so it would have to be shortened. Other than that, it is the same.

Comment

I would go for it, change it to a decent color, don't waste time on emblems/logos. Keep it clean (and cheap)

Comment

Originally posted by 808BMW
          I would go for it, change it to a decent color, don't waste time on emblems/logos. Keep it clean (and cheap)
          Yeah, I would keep it aluminum looking, with no added color (I would think that some type of coating would have to be put on it to keep the aluminum looking good). But I would want to have it engraved.

Comment

Originally posted by jimi318is
            Originally posted by 808BMW
            Yeah, I would keep it aluminum looking, with no added color (I would think that some type of coating would have to be put on it to keep the aluminum looking good). But I would want to have it engraved.
            I'd keep the one you have. Those big red HCCA amps are the bomb.
            -Brandon
            '86 325es S50
            '12 VW GTI Autobahn DSG
            '03 540i M-Sport (sold)
            '08 Jeep SRT-8 (sold)

For sale:
            S50 TMS chip for Schricks

Comment

My HCCA 250 is from like 1985 or so...the first generation. I wonder if I should mess with a new sink. Sure wish I could find new sinks for my 3 H/K CA260's!
              Luke

Closing SOON!
              "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Originally posted by StereoInstaller1
                My HCCA 250 is from like 1985 or so...the first generation. I wonder if I should mess with a new sink. Sure wish I could find new sinks for my 3 H/K CA260's!
                Luke
                The Harman Kardons would be a hard one :shock:

Comment

Working...
                X