173 ECU question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

173 ECU question

I have a chance to get a Conforti chip for really cheap! The problem though is that it's for a 173 ECU. My car has a 380.

Can I just simply change my 380 for the 173 ECU? What are the differences in the two? I know the chip will not work in my comp hence why I am wondering if I can change the ECUs around.

Doesn't really answer my question though. Just shows another one for sale and a person with a similar problem/question.

Comment

What I was trying to get across is that the 380 ECU supports 173 chips. Search feature is grrrrrrrrrreat.

Comment

153, 173, 380 and 524 ECU's are all compatible with each other (for the 2.5L M20 at least)

Comment

Originally posted by MarkD View Post
          There are such a small number of "153" DME's around that I didn't officially release a performance chip for it. Also, I consider the maps in the 173 and later DME's to be better.
          The DME's after the 153 also have more integration in them, all the circuits are on a single board and it should be more reliable.
          Try to find a used 173 or 380 DME, and use that. It's a direct drop-in.
          A 153 chip can be placed into a 173 ECU? Never knew that.

Comment

Originally posted by James Crivellone View Post
            153, 173, 380 and 524 ECU's are all compatible with each other (for the 2.5L M20 at least)
            Great to hear ... thanks for the help guys!

I will have a nicely chipped 325i soon :)

Any info on Turner Motorsports chips? I already have the 17.5 M50 injectors and getting an M30 AFM installed soon as well. What should I expect?

Comment

Working...
            X