OBC Lame to OBC Awesome Possible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OBC Lame to OBC Awesome Possible?

Ok, so I have an 86eta that has the kool OBC with all the mpg and extra nifty buttons, but my main project car is an 89i and it just has the clock. Is there a way to swap these that is relatively painless? I already found out they have different connections...

Yes - and I'm not going to tell you how cause I want to introduce you to something that is going to open the door to any and all information you will ever need about your car....

It's called the search function. .................................................. ........Look ^^^ up there.
    Originally posted by Matt-B
    hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Well thank you for that. Apparently my search function is inferior to yours. I shall make further attempts. :roll:

Just a bunch of people selling their conversion parts. I guess I'll wing it from there.
      Last edited by P3RH4PS; 11-25-2008, 03:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by P3RH4PS View Post
        Well thank you for that. Apparently my search function is inferior to yours. I shall make further attempts. :roll:
        Yeah, you should try it, all the cool kids are doin it
        -Andy

Comment

I just found the thread, in one search. You just fail @ searching...

Yeah, that is a dead link. I edited the link, just so you couldnt see the thread.
          Hemingway said it best. “There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.”

Help a brother out, buy your detailing products here...

Comment

^lol. You edited it so no one could see it???

This is REALLY hard to do.

Click on search.
            Then Advanced Search.
            In the keywords field type in "OBC Swap" with out the quotes.
            Select "search title only" in the drop down box.
            Then move the mouse down to the "search now" button and click on that.

Comment

LOL, George, seriously. You just gave him step by step instructions to find the dam thread, I was just making a point that I could find it, and teasing him with a dead link.
              Hemingway said it best. “There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.”

Comment

Sorry - I need to resist the impulse to help questionable people.

Comment

haha

Comment

oh... obc swap eh? I was searching obc conversion. My bad. I love how you both went like 3 posts out of your way to demonstrate how one can be a complete asshole rather than simply saying something nice like, "Yeah it's possible, search for "obc swap" and you should find what you're looking for. Good luck!"

Alas... we're only human. And now I've wasted a post in similar fashion.

Comment

P3RH4PS, welcome to r3v... its what we do.

Comment

Goerge has great search-fu

Closing SOON!
                        "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Originally posted by P3RH4PS View Post
                          I love how you both went like 3 posts out of your way to demonstrate how one can be a complete asshole rather than simply saying something nice
                          :giggle: yesssssss!

Comment

BLAH! This thread is tame in the level of harshness compared to most noob "I tried searching for 10 seconds and it didn't work, so I gave up cause I'm lazy" affair.

Maybe we need a sticky "how to search" thing. Hmmmm...

Comment

Originally posted by george graves View Post
                              BLAH! This thread is tame in the level of harshness compared to most noob "I tried searching for 10 seconds and it didn't work, so I gave up cause I'm lazy" affair.

Maybe we need a sticky "how to search" thing. Hmmmm...
                              Truth...

Comment

Working...
                              X