Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how do i connect my ipod?

i have a Kenwood deck KDC-MP922
    it says Mp-3 ready. what do i need to make it work with my deck?

thanks,

Greg
    seien Sie größer, als Sie erscheinen

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Does it have a USB port?

If not, then you might need an iPod adapter.

On my Clarion, it has a USB port which I just plug into with a USB cable to my iPod and/or Sansa player and I can control the portable player with the Clarion HU

I can even plug a USB thumb drive into it. I have an 8 GB USB thumb drive on my key ring so I usually plug into that and I can scan/skip songs, navigate directories etc...
    sigpic
    1988 5 spd.Cabrio/Lachs Silber/Black Leather/123k/Dealer Serviced & Maintained by both PO's
    Clarion DXZ785USB HU, BBS Wheels, Leather e-brake handle & e-brake boot, Mtech 1 Wheel, Maplight Mirror, Performance chip, Rear Headrests.
    Previous E30: 1986 5 spd. 325es/Delphin Gray/Black Leather/191k

Comment

KCA-ip500. It charges it as well and you control the ipod through the deck, not on the ipod itself.
      92 325ic 5 speed, hard top, windscreen, 133k, for sale
      sigpic

Comment

Or, you can convert the changer port over to an AUX input...which blows, as the iPod is not being charged nor is it controlled through the deck.

Closing SOON!
        "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

OK i just read the reviews on the KCA-ip500 and every one is bad.

Luke do you have any other suggestions? is there a universal non FM modulated that will work? it would be nice if it displayed on the head unit, but i don't think that will be an option.

suggestions please.

Greg

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

The only other option is the one he suggested I believe...generally it's a better way to go to do this versus using a universal solution.
            92 325ic 5 speed, hard top, windscreen, 133k, for sale
            sigpic

Comment

RF mods suck ass...get the aux in adapter or the real iPod adapter.

You should be able to find a kenwood to RCA adapter for about $10ish on the web, then the cool way it to find a iPod to RCA (for another $15ish), with charging wires...so you can have the single plug to charge and supply audio.

Closing SOON!

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Comment

sweet! that is what i want!

is this something i could bet from you, luke? (support r3v members)
                or should i just find it on the web?

Comment

I am way not set up for selling shit I don't make....ebay that shit.
                  But seriously look for the cheapest you can find...they are all about equal.

If you are gonna get serious about keeping a pile of music in your car, you will want a USB deck of some sort.

Closing SOON!

Comment

Working...
                  X