adding cruise control and power locks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

adding cruise control and power locks

My 318is has no power locks, nor cruise... I would like to add at least cruise control as I travel a load...

What all do I need to get? Is the car "pre-wired" at all?

cruise is not to bad to add.....I did it on my 318is. Do over to m42club and do a search either for cruise or under my SN. I did a write up over there. As for the power locks, all 318is came with power locks as did all e30s. You must have a problem with them.
    www.classicdaily.net
    1970 m42 swapped 2002
    1985 LS1/T56 Swapped e28 (557e)

www.blunttech.com - For all your parts needs

Follow me on Instagram for constant build updates @classicdaily
    https://www.facebook.com/ClassicDailyLLC

Comment

Yeah, I'd be surprised if your 318is didn't have central locking. It's likely that something is messed up, I'm currently dealing with that same issue myself. If you have a chance, pull the door panel and check to see if there are any bent rods within the door. It may be necessary for you to replace one or more lock actuator and/or lock cylinder.

Like jakeb said, it's likely that your car has it but it may be disfunctional.
      - Trey

E90 325i/6 (ZSP, ZPP, ZCW)
      E36 325i sedan
      E30 325i sedan
      Volvo 945T

Comment

I know that my car has it but it doesn't work. I can feel the actuator when I unlock it with the key. I havne't looked into it. Could be even a fuse. Do you know what fuse it is or if there is a relay for it?
        Originally posted by Nicademus
        My car beats off to that car. :bow:

Comment

Originally posted by jakeb View Post
          cruise is not to bad to add.....I did it on my 318is. Do over to m42club and do a search either for cruise or under my SN. I did a write up over there. As for the power locks, all 318is came with power locks as did all e30s. You must have a problem with them.

wrong...not all e30's my 84 318 has no power locks, windows, cruse, ect
          -His-
          87 e30 325i
          87 e24 m6
          05 e83 x3
          94 e32 740i 5spd
          -Hers-
          89 e30 325i
          18 f48 x1

Comment

Yeah, my old 91 318is had no power locks. I completely parted the car out, and there were no actuators in the gas door, trunk, or in the doors.

Originally posted by whysimon
            WTF is hello Kitty (I'm 28 with no kids and I don't have cable)

Comment

power locks were not a standard on e30s. my coupe had them and my vert doesnt.
              Looking for a 3.46 or lower LSD. Lets make a deal.
              LSx e36TI coming soon
              Originally posted by s0urce
              Man, she'd be so easy to rape

Comment

You know it never crossed my mind that the system my be messed up.. I will check into that.

I received a box with all the parts to install cruise so I will let you guys know how that goes... I will also check on m42club for your write up.

Comment

Everything is plug and play except for the connector that has a purple and green wire. Purple needs to go to an acc wire and the green one needs to go to the load side of the brake switch. The control box that goes above the glove box is a pita to get it to fit correctly but it does fit. IIRC I drilled out the threads on the column to get the stalk to stay nice and tight.
                  what you did to this car is like getting a supermodel naked and willing to do anything you please. now here you are faced with ths once in a lifetime opportunity and then you squander it by making her fuck you in the butt with a 24" strap on. you are a sad, silly little boy.

Comment

My 318is does not have central locking. Build date is 3/90. I also have reason to believe it had a 2-button clock factory or at least installed at a very early point in its life.

Project M42 Turbo

Comment

Originally posted by gearheadE30 View Post
                      My 318is does not have central locking. Build date is 3/90.
                      same here

Comment

Working...
                      X