Windshield Wiper problems on my recent purchase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Windshield Wiper problems on my recent purchase

Windshield Wiper problems on my recently purchased 1989 325i Sedan. It rained today for the first time since I got it home. I turned the wipers on as normal and nothing happened. I went through all three speed, then accidently bumped it down and it wiped one? Each time I would bump the arm to the bottom position it would wipe once?

I don't know for sure what the down one position is, but three normal speeds up don't work. The motor must be good or it would not wipe at all? Could it be a relay? Any guidance or ideas are appreciated!

Thanks
    Dennis

relay

I would vote relay. If the motor is dead it wouldnt do anything. It could be your stalk or your relay. I would try relay first, since thats easiest to do.

Find one at the yard to test and then try the stalk as well.

Comment

I have the exact same issue with my 89 325i. can you let me know where the wiper relay is located? Any DIY tips will be appreciated. Thanks!
      Lael

'88 Lachssilber ///M3
      '89 Zinnoberrot 325i
      '99 Orientblau 528iT

Comment

I realize this post was eons ago, but I had the same problem with my car, but at least the high speed AND the one-up wipe action worked. I go the answer from someone on this forum, or Bimmer Forum and my answer was a loose ground in the steering column. On the advice of the poster (I can't remember or find again who it was), I pulled the steering wheel off and simply tightened the ground down again (along with a host of other loose screws in there). I just did this last Thursday night. The wipers work great and it hasn't rained since!
        www.slapdashracing.com

Comment

Working...
        X