What speakers? (newb)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What speakers? (newb)

Im new to this whole ice thing, and I was wondering what size speakers i need? Also what brands/models do you guys recomend instaling into my e30? Right now I have all the stock speakers and a Alpine 9805 head unit. I want to replace my speakers because they rattle at higher volume, and its pissing me off! :evil:

Im open to any advice you have, thanks

5.25 all around, stick with whatever you can afford.
    I retired my E30 for now...
    E46 323i
    David Schultz

Comment

infinity

Comment

Originally posted by colt325e
        infinity
        If that's all you can afford.
        Originally posted by Gruelius
        and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

Comment

CDT CL-5X (I think they make a 5.25, I've always looked at the 6.5's).

I think they're like $50/pair. Cheap, efficient enough to run off the deck, but strong enough that you can put a small amp on them later if you want to upgrade (they take like 50 watts RMS apiece).

Comment

Is infinity good? Also how do they instal into the rear deck? like i said before, I dont know much about this...

Comment

yeah theyre pretty good, not the best, but still good. Just find 5.25" ones and they will fit perfectly.

http://www.cbrstereo.com/index.asp?P...ROD&ProdID=218 theres the 52.51

Comment

Originally posted by kid
                Is infinity good?
                They're an upgrade from stock, but for $90 you could probably do much better.

Comment

Eclipse makes nice coaxials for around 100 bucks. I have some on my rear shelf. Find a dealer in your area, and most likely they will point you in the right direction about anything else you will need to know about car audio. Eclipse is a lot like Little Debbie, they just don't make bad products.
                  I retired my E30 for now...
                  E46 323i
                  David Schultz

Comment

Thanks alot :D I'll tell you what I end up doing

Comment

Working...
                    X