I need a new head unit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I need a new head unit

okay mine is shot, i can't bring it back to life.

so i need a new one. I like clean clear sound. and it has to match my interior lights. the one i have now was adjustable so it worked out nice. no internal amp needed.

i am currently running focal 3 ways up front and shitty subs that need replaced lol

off topic, how do i remove the rear speakers, i was looking at them quick and didn't see an easy way. I suppose i could put more than 15 seconds into and figure out myself, but i'll wait until someone tells me

If MP3 play isn't important get the Nak CD400. If they are important get the Clarion 745
    Originally posted by Gruelius
    and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

Comment

Originally posted by kencopperwheat
      If MP3 play isn't important get the Nak CD400. If they are important get the Clarion 745
      what about the nak with the six disk changer? and is the nak 700 any better/ worth the money.

head units seem cheap these days compared to when i got my other one.

Comment

Originally posted by DrMcDave
        what about the nak with the six disk changer? and is the nak 700 any better/ worth the money.

head units seem cheap these days compared to when i got my other one.
        The MB100 is a badass piece of machinery, however, finding a mounting place for the DAC unit will be a chore. The MB75 is a decent deck as well, but not as nice as the CD400. The CD700 (or the new CD700II) is regarded as one of the best car audio CD players of all time according to car audio mags, but its $1200 retail pricetag scares away even the most hardcore audiophiles... I've seen them on eBay for around $800 or so.

Comment

what about the alpine 9835, it works with my xm, has mp3 and seems to be pretty nice color wise.

Comment

what about the alpine 9835, it works with my xm, has mp3 and seems to be pretty nice color wise.
            9835 is a good deck, not on the level of the nak, but nobody will notice the difference :P

I've tried the 9833 and the screen doesn't match (buttons can change to amber, screen is still blue) bt the biolite display on the 9835 probably will fit in nicely.

Comment

The 9385 looks like a pretty good deck... little too much chrome though for me.

Comment

The 9385 looks like a pretty good deck... little too much chrome though for me.
                well its the 9835, i don't see much chrome on it though, but it does mp3, works with xm and is like 400 from etronics.

the other one i am considering is the mb100 but i am not sure if i can spend 700 on a deck. in dash 6 disk is cool and i can wire that DAC into my glovebox- its empty. you think that would work

from a sound quality standpoint how much better will the nak be?

Comment

Absolutely unnoticable to 98% of people, and the other 2% (hardcore audiophiles) will be able to point it out.

Comment

Originally posted by 808BMW
                    Absolutely unnoticable to 98% of people, and the other 2% (hardcore audiophiles) will be able to point it out.
                    well the alpine is a better fit cuase i can go fully digital xm which i can't with the nak. Also its a lot cheaper, and plays mp3's. I like the nak but at this point, and since i dont compete in competitions i think i'll get the alpine. Saving 300 bucks that can go to turbo parts.

Comment

I just got a Clarion DXZ545MP and am more than happy with it. It costed $118 shipped off of ebay.

The only problem is that tha color is blue. If you want changing colors, go to the DXZ645MP, but it costs $175 (can't afford it right now).

AM/FM
                      MP3
                      Subwoofer Control with low pass filter
                      Remote
                      Controls CD changer, TV, Sirius, etc.

Comment

Try and find an Alpine CDA-7995 if you can, Magnolia HiFi might have them on closeout for $300. You can make the lights amber and match the dash perfectly.

Comment

Working...
                        X