Best System for 900 dollars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best System for 900 dollars

So Im an Utter and Complete newb at car audio, the last car i owned didnt even have a working deck so...

Assuming i had 900 or little over 900 dollars, What is the best system i could put in. I listen to alot of underground rap, But I dont need some uber bass system, id rather have SQ over Loudness. I also listen to alittle of everything so the system needs to be pretty versital.

Also Then HU Im getting is a Clarion 745, i think it looks really smooth and would look good. Is this a worthwhile HU?

good head unit choice. I can't give car audio advice otherwise. 10 inch sub, and some components up front and a decent 4 channel amp should get the job done. I don't know prices off the top of my head so i can't be too helpful

Comment

Infinity carries nice SQ subs, you'll probably end up spending well under 900. A lot of people also reccomend Adire Shivas and Re: Re's, but Ive never heard them personally.

Comment

The 745 is a pretty nice deck, and a GREAT value. If I were you, I'd got for a set of nice 6.5" components for the front (you may have to mod a bit to get them to fit) such as CDT, Rainbow, a/d/s/, Focal, Crystal, Image Dynamics, Dynaudio, etc. Then I'd get a 2-channel amp that puts out around 75watts RMS into 4 ohms, check out Arc Audio, a/d/s/, Zapco, US Amps... or if you're lookin' at getting a used on on eBay check out some PPI Art Series amps, or some Soundstream Reference ones they're really nice. Then I'd get a 10" sub with a mono amp to (something like Jordan's set up).
        Originally posted by Gruelius
        and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

Comment

If you want to get some CDT's, go to sounddomain.com and pm djdilliodon, you can get some pretty good 6.5 components up front for probably $150-$200.

Please don't get infinity subs.

Comment

If you can find, get an Alpine CDA-7995 HU. They're a 2002 model but can be had for $300 at places trying to clear them out, they used to be $850. James Crivellone has one, tis a really nice HU. For an AMP I'd suggest an old Soundstream Rubicon, JBL, or PPI Art amp.

Comment

Working...
            X