Bluetooth amp + stereo delete panel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bluetooth amp + stereo delete panel

On my new-to-me 89 325i sedan, the CM5908 was mostly non-functional. Probably aging capacitors, etc. I took it out and will consider how to refurbish that later. Hard to tell what this car came with originally. It has no in-dash fader, also no amp, but does have the 2-ch to 4-ch adapter connector. So strange, but hey, that’s what happens over 30 years.

All I want is bluetooth streaming audio, so I grabbed this el-cheapo ($26US) bluetooth amplifier board (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1) and the OEM stereo delete panel (https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-...l/64111368515/).

Spade connectors to wire in to switched power + ground, and I spliced into the L/R front speakers. Weirdly, sound is coming out of all 4 speakers. Someone probably changed the wiring behind the dash when they removed the fader knob. Who knows. It works, and the amp doesn’t overheat even though it’s a 2ch amp driving 4 speakers. Will keep an eye on it.

Bluetooth board comes on almost instantly, and I can have streaming music by the time the car starts. Perfect. Super clean install with the stereo delete panel!

Click image for larger version  Name:	C20A1B7D-A3F8-46C8-B864-5412C6F983FF.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	20.1 KB ID:	9892228
    Ignore my obc delete :). Waiting for euro clock to arrive.

Comment

Nice, I like this idea! Bluetooth is all I ever really want to listen to as well, and this is a clean and purposeful solution. What did you do about the volume knob on the amp? Did you just pre-set it and control the volume from your phone?

Comment

yup. just got it to a reasonable spot where i had enough dynamic range I could work with. the amp i got has a knob to adjust gain Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
        X