Tweeter options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tweeter options

I’m thinking about upgrading my speakers. I have a couple of blank front oem tweeter moldings. What’s a good aftermarket tweeter option or component system?

I went with the ADS PX concepts on eBay. A high end tweeter. Needed a bit of trimming but they fit and sound better! You need a good tweeter with acceptable off axis response if you use the OE tweeter sail angles. Drivers side is off. Audison AV1.1 did NOT sound good due to this. They sound much better in my other car ( on axis sails) Amazon TBI HDSS may stikl be available super cheap. They sounded great too! ADS PX concept ($140 Ebay): Audison AV1.1: Audison AV1.1 in other car on axis: I’m an audio nut, feel free to reach out. E30 convertible is tough for good SQ. I am almost there! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I went with the TBI HDSS. After minor carving they fit well. Do you recommend I wire it in line with the oem front door woofer?
      Click image for larger version

Name:	F8C0AEBE-4C29-4BAD-8CEC-97752AA9E1B5.jpeg
Views:	150
Size:	79.7 KB
ID:	9931015

Comment

Excellent budget tweeter right there! I have 3 or 4 pair! They’d work best with their own channel, but you could probably get decent results running in parallel with mid-use that supplied inline capacitor crossover! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Thunderzol View Post
          I went with the TBI HDSS. After minor carving they fit well. Do you recommend I wire it in line with the oem front door woofer? Click image for larger version

Name:	F8C0AEBE-4C29-4BAD-8CEC-97752AA9E1B5.jpeg
Views:	150
Size:	79.7 KB
ID:	9931015
          And how do they sound? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
          X