How to add bluetooth to a factory radio for only $30 + antitheft delete

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to add bluetooth to a factory radio for only $30 + antitheft delete

For those of you guys who have radios with busted tape decks that want to be able to listen to music off your phone, here is an affordable way to do it and through bluetooth! Just get one of these cheap bluetooth amps off of Amazon, gut your factory radio (but leave the display, volume knob, and tone sliders), toss in the bluetooth amp and wire it to the car's audio system, set the volume on the amp to a loud enough amount, pair with your phone, and enjoy! As much as I would have loved to throw one of those Cantaloupe radio bluetooth boards into this radio, it's unfortunately out of stock. So I did this little hack to get working audio in my car. This is not the most elegant solution as your radio lights and display will not work at night (unless you can wire them to work, which is tough because the bulbs are so small), but at least you retain the stock look! This also eliminates that annoying anti-theft function of the stock radio, which is now probably a legacy function since no one steals car radios anymore.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0298[1].JPG
Views:	225
Size:	87.1 KB
ID:	9937261
    1986 325e Schwarz (sold)
    1989 325iX Alpineweiß​ (daily)

Greed is Good
Working...
X