Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HOFCO Alarm and battery drawn

Good Morning,

When I bought my car (87 325ic) last month, I noticed it came with the Hofco III alarm system along with the 2 remote controls. I really like it because it allows me to have keyless entry. Anyways, yesterday went to start the car and the car wouldn't start. It seems my battery died on me, even though I'd just replaced it a couple weeks ago. I took out my multimeter to see what is draining my battery after battery is back to fully charged. With the alarm, it shows 2.67 amps!! and with the alarm off (fuse remove, brain unplugged) it shows .02, which I'm assuming is normal parasitic drains. My question is, any idea as to why the alarm system draws that much? I looked into the system and of course the company has been out of business since 2008. Apparently it's very high tech back in the days, and the installation was done at the dealership. I know that it's old, and old car and old electronic can just go haywire for no reason. I know it's better to just take it out and put in a new more updated system. But I would like to keep it if possible. I just don't know why it's drawing so much power. Any insights would be very much appreciated. Thanks!!

i use to work for Hofco. drop me a DM. I'll help you figure it out.
    Bimmer Life

Comment

Working...
    X