Need some help, Fuse 23 issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need some help, Fuse 23 issues

Hello everyone, I am working on a 1984 euro 323i with a constant burned fuse 23. I have checked the wires and bulbs for the cluster, interior lights, ash tray, rear ashtray, and rear right lights, and these appears ok. I even used a wire short chaser and discover some weird things.

When i use the short chaser on fuse 23, the wire (color=gray/red) going into the cabin, I chase the wire to the light switch and to the ignition switch. Is it suppose to go to both the ignition switch and the light switch? The weird part of this to me is when I turn on the light switch, the short chaser’s sound dies right away. I thought I had a bad light switch unit, so I replaced it w a newer used switch and it’s still behaving the same! Could it be that I have 2 bad headlight switches?

When I use my multimeter to test for continuity of the head lights, turn signal, and fog lights, this is what I found out: both (left and right side) high beams negative and positive wires are both continuity to ground. The same goes for the fog lights, and same for the signal lights. I even took the fabric tape off the front harness to see if there’s a short but there were none. The driving lights and the horn wires are responding correctly, ground to ground and no continuity on positive.

The driving lights light up fine when i pull the switch. But every time I pull the switch, fuse 23 snaps. I have also replaced the relays.

I appreciate any help.
    Last edited by mini612; 08-10-2020, 07:41 PM.

Could the fuse box be bad? I have no loose fuses or relays. What am I missing here?

Comment

Additional information: i am currently doing an m50b30 motor swap. But, I installed a later model E30s ignition switch back in 2012 when I did a m30 motor swap, could that be an issue? I didn’t have any issues after the m30 swapped. I am pretty sure I wired the c104 wires and engine harness correctly.

Comment

Working...
      X