Anyone have a Clarion deck? -Need help displaying song names

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone have a Clarion deck? -Need help displaying song names

So I got my Clarion deck installed. It's a mp3 deck.

Anyways, does anyone know how I burn the CD so that the song titles, folder names etc show up? It will work on other decks like Rockford Fosgate, JVCs, but on my deck the names won't display.

Thanks,
    ~ Go Canucks Go! ~

Check to make sure you use the proper ID3 tag type.

Most in-car decks don't like ID3 v2 tags, only ID3 v1 or 1.1
    My mountains are better than yours.

Comment

my box says MP3 ID3

how do I make sure its in the right format on my comp? thanks for the help 8)
      ~ Go Canucks Go! ~

Comment

I have a clarion deck too. Check your owner's manual for display settings. Can't remember how now, but you can set it to read folder names, or display titles also, and other configurations too I imagine.

[THE 501 club - Founding Member]

Comment

Originally posted by royalflush313
          my box says MP3 ID3

how do I make sure its in the right format on my comp? thanks for the help 8)
          I can't help you any more than that. I don't know the deck's specifics, nor how you modify your mp3's ID3 tags on a peecee.
          My mountains are better than yours.

Comment

what rcwells said

I just hit the disp button until what I want shows up (clarion mp3 deck, 7385 or something)
            BEERTECH

Comment

Originally posted by Rob
              what rcwells said

I just hit the disp button until what I want shows up (clarion mp3 deck, 7385 or something)
              Do you hate your display as much as I hate mine? NIce deck overall, but the damn buttons are too small, and the display SUCKS!.

I wish I had held out for the Alpine. Got my deck on closeout for like 220.

[THE 501 club - Founding Member]

Comment

I dont really have a problem with it, especially since it can match the amber so well
                BEERTECH

Comment

Originally posted by Rob
                  I dont really have a problem with it, especially since it can match the amber so well
                  thats why clairon rules :)
                  Cam .W '91 325is

Spaz's 1991 Alpine White???? S52 Build Thread...

Comment

Originally posted by Rob
                    what rcwells said

hmm, i tried pressing the DISP, but it just switched back and forth between No title to the clock.
                    ~ Go Canucks Go! ~

Comment

Burn your CDs with CD Text enabled. I use Nero, it does a good job of it.

"See, we're adding a little something to this month's sales contest. As you all know, first prize is a Cadillac Eldorado. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired."

Comment

I think that the song has to be "burned" with the song name, but check your manual, b/c I think you can put the name in manually for the CD.

If you don't have yours, let me know and I can go get mine this weekend and we can get on a IM or something.

Let me know.

Comment

Well thanks for all the help so far.

I do have the manual.

All it says in the manual though is:

"The folder name and file name can be displayed as the title during MP3/WMA play but the title must be within 128 single byte alphabetical letters and numerals (including an extension)"

oh yah the deck is a DXZ645MP
                          ~ Go Canucks Go! ~

Comment

Look in the other sections of the manual. There is a part in there that talks about doing it for regular CDs and the radio stations.

Comment

download id3-tagit.

googel for it.
                              Who doesn't love a little BBQ?
                              Griot's Garage at a Deep Discount

Comment

Working...
                              X