E30 Convertible carpet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E30 Convertible carpet

I have an 89 E30 convertible that I made the mistake of ripping out the factory carpet before I realized there were ne replacements!!!
    I have purchased and tried to install the coupe version of OC autocarpets against their recommendation and indeed they do not fit.
    What are my options:
    1. Buy the anthracite factory carpet from BMW (about $1500).
    2. Buy the ALLCARCAPETS from Australia, price is reasonable but can't find anyone that has used their carpet.
    3. Try to find a used carpet, I have been looking but so far to no avail.

Would appreciate any ideas from the group, these cars and carpets are not getting any younger.

Thanks Ken Click image for larger version

Name:	drone bare floor.jpg
Views:	514
Size:	68.6 KB
ID:	10058644

I might have one for sale in a few weeks. I am swapping my interior with Indigo blue and will be removing mine. It is worn out on the driver side kick panel but otherwise seems to be in OK condition. I am not sure about the timeline so if you are willing to wait this could be an option for you.

Comment

Profs sorry slow getting back and yes I am interested. Send me some pictures when you get a chance.

Comment

Originally posted by kenrk View Post
        I have an 89 E30 convertible that I made the mistake of ripping out the factory carpet before I realized there were ne replacements!!!
        I have purchased and tried to install the coupe version of OC autocarpets against their recommendation and indeed they do not fit.
        What are my options:
        1. Buy the anthracite factory carpet from BMW (about $1500).
        2. Buy the ALLCARCAPETS from Australia, price is reasonable but can't find anyone that has used their carpet.
        3. Try to find a used carpet, I have been looking but so far to no avail.

Would appreciate any ideas from the group, these cars and carpets are not getting any younger.

Thanks Ken Click image for larger version

Name:	drone bare floor.jpg
Views:	514
Size:	68.6 KB
ID:	10058644
        Can I ask: what didn't match up well when you tried to use the coupe carpet? It seems as if the front portion would be workable, but you'd have to modify the rear portion.

I am again thinking about replacing my carpet
        1990 BMW 325iC Triple Black Hard Top, Self-Wrenched, Original Owner Family

Comment

Working...
        X